IGNORED

New Cassette MP3 Player

I'm confused.....I just plug my mp3 into the stereo auxiliary jack with a male to male media cable. Is there another/better/more efficient way that I don't know about?
Yes. a self contained unit that can be inserted in the cassette player with the door closed (weatherproof) and does not have to be mounted somewhere. No wires is a cleaner option. To me, that is a better option.

Goose

Edited by V7Goose

I got one just before the end of last season.....works great but "navigating" is a pain...you have to use the remote to skp songs etc.

But if all you want to do is listen to a preset list of songs its GREAT!

About how long does the battery last? Did yours come with a memory card, this particular site does not specify (so I can only assume that it does not)?

About how long does the battery last? Did yours come with a memory card, this particular site does not specify (so I can only assume that it does not)?

It does come with a 12vdc charger. Maybe we can hardwire it. We'll see when it gets here...

Based on Trader's comment, the only thing that could make it better is being able to navigate via the handlebar controller.

So when you insert it in the cassette deck the door can completely close? The picture makes me think it can't because of the sd card sticking out (if it does-no picture of an sd card inserted in the player)

Well I tried out the player yesterday and was somewhat disappointed. It worked fine while at a standstill, but while riding down the road the remote didn't want to work. As long as the player is loaded with just the songs you like it's OK, but if you want to skip a song, it ain't gonna happen. To answer a few questions though, 1) the SD card doesn't come with it, 2) the SD card doesn't stick out of the player so the player will go all the way into the deck, 3) the power cable can't be hooked up while it's in the tape deck, so charging it on the fly won't work, don't know about hardwiring yet. It works fine as a stand alone mp3 player to carry in your pocket. Haven't tried it in a vehicle, I don't think mine works after all these years. Oh, and one other thing, you have to turn on the "cassette" before putting it into the tape deck. And you have to turn it off when you leave the bike for a time, otherwise the battery will run down. I don't know how long the battery will last, but until you actually turn off the "cassette" it's still on, even though the bike may be turned off. As far as the remote is concerned, I tried many times to use it while going down the road, even putting it right up next to the open door of the tape player and I never could get the thing to skip a song. BTW, the door of the tape deck has to be open for the cassette to work when stopped, it must use some type of IR to function. Maybe this is why I never could get it to work while moving. Anyway, that's my assessment so far. Hope some of you have better luck with yours!!!!

I ordered one. Some questions for those of you that received yours. Did it come with any software for ripping CDs? If so, is it any good? If not or if using something else what software program are you using and at what bit rate? Thanks.

I ordered one. Some questions for those of you that received yours. Did it come with any software for ripping CDs? If so, is it any good? If not or if using something else what software program are you using and at what bit rate? Thanks.

It is what it is. It's a SD card reader basically. No software comes with it. You just load your sd card and put it in the "cassette". Then put the "cassette" in your cassette player on the bike.

• 3 weeks later...

I got mine. I purchased an 8GB HCSD and loaded it up. Just a few notes to add to what Travelin Man said. The "cassette" has an Equalizer that goes Bass-Treble-Normal as best as these old ears can tell. The battery lasts about 6 hours as I used it while working in the garage and just let it play continuously. Now this part is strange - in both my truck and on the bike if the engine is off I can use the remote, with the engine running it won't work. I believe this due to the remote being very weak. It has an effective range of less than 3 feet. It does not use a playlist, it plays the songs in order as saved to the SD card. Increasing the volume on the "cassette" increases the input volume on the Venture (or truck) can make a substantial increase to the output volume. Pressing 100 on the remote will playback the 100th song recorded on the SD card. Hint: Turn the "cassette" on, Set the volume on the "cassette", use the remote to select the number of the song (or it always starts at the first song), select the Equalizer setting (if needed). Push it into the cassette player. The control unit on the venture can be used to adjust volume, bass, treble, etc. all the normal sound qualities but will not forward, reverse, skip, etc. Like previously stated, it will play each song in order. Which is no big deal for me as I just copy the songs I want to the SD anyway.

It came with a USB cord for charging and connecting to the computer as a card reader. Two chargers, 110VAC and a cig plug USB charger which is great because I can use it for all my other USB things. Ear phones are crap, the left one on mine was dead. The "cassette" and a remote. Chinglish instructions.

Conclusion: If you don't already have a mp3 player this maybe an option for you. If you have a mp3 player, use it with the mp3 input to the right of the cassette player on the Venture. At least at stop lights (you wouldn't do this while riding would you?) you can change to the songs you want with out removing the "cassette". Have yet to figure out what the CH- and CH+ button on the remote do.