IGNORED

Did I spin or???

royalstar09

I know who knows....we were not riding it :whistling:

BUT today while out for a ride I really "lit" into the bike from a rolling start at a yield intersection. It really felt like the back end broke loose. This is a really heavy bike and it caught me off guard. Nice clean dry pavement. Will these bikes break the rear wheel from a rolling start??? Or was I imagining it :confused24:

I do it a lot here in TX. I think its the roads. Take off (dead stop) from an intersection and nail it part way thru the turn and the rear will start sliding out. Oh yea, you can feel it. Made a turn today to the right at an intersection but was a roll thru as there was no cross traffic, about 10 or so nailed it some and could feel it starting to slide out so I backed off it a bit. That tar and chip crap they use here is slick even dry.

I know who knows....we were not riding it :whistling:

BUT today while out for a ride I really "lit" into the bike from a rolling start at a yield intersection. It really felt like the back end broke loose. This is a really heavy bike and it caught me off guard. Nice clean dry pavement. Will these bikes break the rear wheel from a rolling start??? Or was I imagining it :confused24:

Don't think you are imagining it!!! and I'm told :whistling: that a G2 is even capable of lifting the front wheel a few inches if you get after it hard enough form a rolling start:shock3:.

There was the time I was stopped at an intersection waiting for the light to turn green and the bike started to rev up all by itself and I started smelling gas. I looked down and saw I was sitting in a good sized puddle of gas. A float had hung up and was blowing fuel out the overflow like crazy. The bike was up to about 4,500 when the light turned green. Time to move or get run over.

So off I went with a gas slick rear tire on an asphalt street. Most interesting launch on this bike I have ever had. It had to be entertaining for the folks behind me.

We were in North Texas a few years ago at night. LoneStarMedic was behind me about two hundred yards. I saw his light go out (I thought). It didn't go out it went up. He grabbed an unexpected wheelie on his 86'. He rather enjoyed it.

Depending on road surface, I will either pull the front end up about 18" in 2nd gear, or the rear end will break loose on the bike, when I hit a hard up shift at about 9,000 RPM.

:sign isnt that spec

That is why the engine is back out, and back in, this winter. It should do that in 3rd now !!

:mo money:

Gary