IGNORED

Longhorn Dually Peg Install

1FSTZX14

I've got mine on the crash bars (obviously) as high as they will go. It was the only arrangement I could find so that they wouldn't interfere with my feet as I worked the controls. I can post some pictures tonight when I get home (to my other computer) if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Also, I installed mine so that they fold back torward the rider (parallel to the ground) so that if I bump something with them they FOLD BACK instead of bending something. I have seen plenty of folks install them so they 'fold up' or something goofy like that -- I don't understand the rationale for that, but to each his/her own.

They are great for the summer as throwing the feet out in the wind really feels nice directing the air up the pant legs and whatnot.

Also, I installed mine so that they fold back torward the rider (parallel to the ground) so that if I bump something with them they FOLD BACK instead of bending something. I have seen plenty of folks install them so they 'fold up' or something goofy like that -- I don't understand the rationale for that, but to each his/her own.

Some people fear dropping their bike and want the pegs to go up. Others have been influenced by F4U Corsairs, and their folding wings. I fold them up because that's where I put my helmet when I am parked.

My highway pegs...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3640/3488470379_074ea7a607.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3637/3491476894_c56e88780a.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3541/3491477368_2ddbd60646.jpg

Edited by Dave77459
Added reply to LB

Some people fear dropping their bike and want the pegs to go up. Others have been influenced by F4U Corsairs, and their folding wings. I fold them up because that's where I put my helmet when I am parked.

Thanks, all of those seem reasonable. Although I just put my helmet in the trunk :stickpoke:. Considering the bugs, road grime and other crap that ends up on my pegs (and primarily my lack of motivation to wash the bike) I guess I am not sure I [personally] would want that as a storage place for the helmet.

Here are a few shots of mine :thumbsup2:

Thanks, all of those seem reasonable. Although I just put my helmet in the trunk :stickpoke:. Considering the bugs, road grime and other crap that ends up on my pegs (and primarily my lack of motivation to wash the bike) I guess I am not sure I [personally] would want that as a storage place for the helmet.

Oh sure! Just throw your fancy trunk in the face of us RSTD drivers. We'll just have to be content with being faster.

Thanks to all who posted, I wasn't sure if the bolt forward was one of my concerns, I know if it were on the inside my toes for sure would grab it.

Which pegs are these with the extra heel wing?

Thanks again,

Chris.

Oh sure! Just throw your fancy trunk in the face of us RSTD drivers. We'll just have to be content with being faster.

I guess I cannot really argue with that one. While you are being faster, I will just keep riding since I don't have to stop for fuel quite as frequently as you 'smaller tank' folks do :witch_brew:

Thanks to all who posted, I wasn't sure if the bolt forward was one of my concerns, I know if it were on the inside my toes for sure would grab it.

As for your toes getting the bolt - it really depends on how large your feet are and how you position them when you are riding. I wear a 13-15 (depending on the brand/type of shoe and if I want to take the time to stretch them out or not) and it was definitely in my way.

Wow, excellent price! I shopped around A LOT when I bought mine and this is easily the best price I've seen on these. Right after I got mine I was seeing $130+, frequently not including S&H.

Guest scarylarry

+1 on them... I paid 107.00 for a set from them, I see there prices hasn't gone up that much since shipping cost has risen.

That was over a yr. ago

I've got a set of the switchblade pegs that I'd make you a deal on, if anyone is interested. Hard to tell them from new, other than the dust they are gathering. They have Honda adapters only, so you would have to get the longhorn mount set-up to make use of them, maybe adapters as well. I have the longhorns on my Venture, so I could take a look at what you actually might need. Anybody??

I've got a set of the switchblade pegs that I'd make you a deal on, if anyone is interested. Hard to tell them from new, other than the dust they are gathering. They have Honda adapters only, so you would have to get the longhorn mount set-up to make use of them, maybe adapters as well. I have the longhorns on my Venture, so I could take a look at what you actually might need. Anybody??

I'm Interested Krispy! I'll send you a PM.

Here is mine in combination with the Wind Deflectors.

My feet really burn up behind those lower cowlings in the Texas summertime heat.

The Wind deflectors didn't seem to help that much...

but using the pegs to get my feet out in the air really does.

The deflectors may do more good in the winter to close them and keep the heat at the feet than they do in the summer to direct air at them.

-Keith