I had to replace a burned out bulb for my passing lamps and was reminded what a junky set up they are.

Has anyone replaced the passing light buckets with something better? Perhaps something that can be adjusted without removing the bulbs?

I'm good for another year or so until these bulbs burn out but I wouldn't mind finding a better set up to mount on my light bar.

I read your post and came across this thread not too long ago discussing LED passing lamps and the issue of static on the radio. After reading the static issue, I shied (sp.?) away from these units for now. The static complaints may be isolated, but it may also be an issue on my RSV. Anyway, the price is not bad for $40 bucks.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53973&highlight=passing+lamps

Hate those driving light buckets!

I know exactly what your saying Bob, you cant adjust them without removing the light from the bucket. I had a set of adjures that I got off BuddyRich on my '08 that could be adjusted outside on the mount. I will be looking for something like that with the '99 when I get her back together. If I locate something I'll post it up.

I was just getting ready to order LED rear turn signals and taillight. I there an issue with LEDs and radio static?

I read your post and came across this thread not too long ago discussing LED passing lamps and the issue of static on the radio. After reading the static issue, I shied (sp.?) away from these units for now. The static complaints may be isolated, but it may also be an issue on my RSV. Anyway, the price is not bad for $40 bucks.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53973&highlight=passing+lamps

Hello ken. As fas as I know and according to the thread, some owners have been experiencing radio static when they install the LED passing lamps as was discussed on the link. LEDs for running tail and signals, I've never experienced static problems considering I have LEDs on my running front, rear, and taillight including the HD auxilliary light that has been fitted with Red LED lights.

It may be just a problem with LED passing lamps from the vendor.

• 1 year later...

Sealed beam replacement light bulb - STR-4NK35-50-00 $18.95

Yamaha has a halogen one as well but not sure if you need a lens for it as well. STR-4NK35-50-01. Replacement H3 lens STR-4NK35-17-01

I went with GE H7616 bulbs as replacement - a LOT brighter than the stock bulbs. You can put in a 4" H3 sealed beam "bulb".

Hello ken. As fas as I know and according to the thread, some owners have been experiencing radio static when they install the LED passing lamps as was discussed on the link. LEDs for running tail and signals, I've never experienced static problems considering I have LEDs on my running front, rear, and taillight including the HD auxilliary light that has been fitted with Red LED lights.

It may be just a problem with LED passing lamps from the vendor.

The first set of LED passing lamps I installed were horrible for interference on the radio, horrible!

The next set I picked up were from Custom Dynamics and there is no interference on the radio or aux at idle or at speed. These lamps are a little expensive but as I found out, they are cheaper than others, more expensive than than the cheap brands but no interference. I've had them on the bike for 2 years or so without any probs.. Custom Dynamics is a great company to deal with if you encounter any probs..

Very bright and solid.. they go well with a HID headlight...