IGNORED

Size of Cassette Player

Aussie Annie

Can anyone tell me the approximate size of the casstte player?? I'm going to get Quickstep to turn it into a storage area, and am going to go to the wreckers and see if something out of the dash of a car would work. :think: But as the fairing has to be cracked open to get a look see I don't want him to do that till I've got something to fit :happy34:

Ta Muchly :thumbsup2:

Hi Annie, there are several out there that are not in the bike, should be able to get a good measurement from one of them. If I could remember who got mine ? when Monty put my gauges in, we could pm him.

I know this has no useful info but perhaps it'll move back up to the top and get someones attention -:thumbsup:

Annie,

I just happen to have a cassette deck for the '99 I'm working on and I took a few pics for you. Here's the measurements in the queen mums system....

Width - 140 mm

Length - about the same @ 140 mm

Thickness - 50 mm

If you need them in the yanks measuring system just say the word and I'll measure it with a good ole USofA tape :)

I followed the Tech Library Thread and after removing Cassette Deck, I then gutted out the components and lined back and bottom of empty chassis with thin cardboard and reinstalled the Chassis. Now I have a Cubby Hole for my Wallet, Reading Glasses, Toll Tickets, Ect... Also the exterior door is still in place and still spring loaded to close and looks stock too.

Good Luck

Edited by frogmaster
spelling

The top of the cassette is held down with two small screws on one end and tape on the back end. If you remove the screws the top will swing open as the tape will act as a hinge. Remove the guts, pad the inside with your choice of material, screw the top back down and replace the now empty cassette shell back in. I also reused the rubber grommet where the wires went through the back for the plug extension for my mp3 player.