Can somebody tell me where all you need to check the oil on these bikes? I know where to check the engine oil but do they have oil for the clutch pack or is there a transmission oil on these bikes. I know there is rear end oil but don't know how to check it.

Thanks for any help.

Get the bike up on the centerstand and then get down low on the right side of the bike. You will see a sight glass in the engine case just above the frame and behind the waterpump housing. There are two marks on the glass housing. One set about 1/4 of the way up and the other is about 3/4 of the way up. The oil level should be right in between them. Any higher and the bike will suck oil into the air box.

The oil in the crankcase serves the motor, tranny and clutch.

The rear gear oil is checked behind the left saddlebag. There was originally a plastic measuring stick. If you don't have one of those, drain the oil and replace it with the specified amount of 80/90 gear oil.:2cents:

POLEDAR

The rear gear oil is checked behind the left saddlebag. There was originally a plastic measuring stick. If you don't have one of those, drain the oil and replace it with the specified amount of 80/90 gear oil.:2cents:

POLEDAR

The 88 didn't have a dipstick. It just gets filled to the top of the fill plug (motorcycle on center stand).

Thanks everyone there is still a whine in what I think is the clutch and I wanted to make sure I was not running it low on oil. On my HD they are all in three separate compartments.

Thanks again Curtis

Thanks everyone there is still a whine in what I think is the clutch and I wanted to make sure I was not running it low on oil. On my HD they are all in three separate compartments.

Thanks again Curtis

If it sounds like 1,000,000 crickets and in the 3k-4kRPM range regardless of the gear you are in it is perfectly normal.