IGNORED

Good video

dragerman

But it is unfortunately so typical of Harley riders. Not knocking the bike but the typical lack of riding gear with Harley riders. The beanie helmet in itself is bad enough but then the typcal tank tops and jeans. I saw a Harley rider the other day riding with shorts, sneakers, no shirt and holding a cigarette in his mouth. They definitely don't help their own image at times.

Sure we all like good looking scoots, but the image portrayed was one of looks only. It was all image, nothing on quality of motorcycle, ride, endurance, maintainance etc.

Harley didn't do rider safety any favours either by portraying the FREE image.

It was all believe..........now if you believe then I think you need a certain amount of faith, and I'm glad there were lots of riders at one point, so there was lots of faith.

I like the video. It may be geared to Harley but we all ride for a reason. I believe that there is no other feeling in the world when riding and that is what I took from the video. I don't care what you ride or what you wear when you ride as that is a choice that only you can make when you get on the bike.

I like the video. It may be geared to Harley but we all ride for a reason. I believe that there is no other feeling in the world when riding and that is what I took from the video. I don't care what you ride or what you wear when you ride as that is a choice that only you can make when you get on the bike.

:sign yeah that: It's a made by a company painting a lifestyle, and designed to sell bikes. You either buy into it or you don't. I thought it was a well made powerfull statement, and even though I don't ride their product I do respect what it represents. Freedom to be your own person.

Question... why is it that most of these "type" of Harley riders always ride side-by-side instead of in the staggered form that most all other bikers ride in? What is it about them that makes them feel that they, and only they, can do this? Personally, I hate riding directly beside someone... it forces me to be more attentive to stay in that "track" and be constantly watching to ensure neither of us are getting too close to each other.

Question... why is it that most of these "type" of Harley riders always ride side-by-side instead of in the staggered

...because they don't have CBs and need to communicate to their friends over the shortest distance possible given the noise....same thing I do/did without a CB.

:cool10:

I agree , i think it was pretty kwel and i got that feelingly in my insides and wanted get on my bike and ride but not on a hd , good video

I really think it all depends on how long you have been riding. When I bought my first road bike, all I had were jeans and a tee shirt. There were no helmet laws in California. Learning to ride back then, I wore out some jeans and tees sliding and bouncing on the road and discovered you need good boots. I rode for years like that, until the representative from Hawthorne got his helmet law oked and passed. During the summer I still ride that way, but I now wear a hat. During the winter I have leathers (chaps and jacket), and a full face helmet. To me, riding in the wind, without the protection of airbags, a metal cage, air conditioning, a enclosure that keeps you isolated from the elements, is what its all about.

I'm afraid that this is changing due to laws being passed by individuals who have no idea what this feedom is all about, Laws that are passed to protect me. Its really a sad thing to see this happening, soon they may take our freedom to ride like this away, to protect us. Its kinda funny, I never had so many folks trying to protect me, until the early 80's. They don't seem to understand how I could have lived till than...

Leonard

I really think it all depends on how long you have been riding. When I bought my first road bike, all I had were jeans and a tee shirt. There were no helmet laws in California. Learning to ride back then, I wore out some jeans and tees sliding and bouncing on the road and discovered you need good boots. I rode for years like that, until the representative from Hawthorne got his helmet law oked and passed. During the summer I still ride that way, but I now wear a hat. During the winter I have leathers (chaps and jacket), and a full face helmet. To me, riding in the wind, without the protection of airbags, a metal cage, air conditioning, a enclosure that keeps you isolated from the elements, is what its all about.

I'm afraid that this is changing due to laws being passed by individuals who have no idea what this feedom is all about, Laws that are passed to protect me. Its really a sad thing to see this happening, soon they may take our freedom to ride like this away, to protect us. Its kinda funny, I never had so many folks trying to protect me, until the early 80's. They don't seem to understand how I could have lived till than...

Leonard

Doesn't that bring back some memories....:) Rode my Aerial Square all over L.A. in the late 50'd early 60's. No fairing or shield, no helmet, no boots, no jacket, and a lot of times shorts instead ofLevi'ss. Have theremnantss of road rash on my left thigh to prove it..:no-no-no: But back then I was young and imortal.....:whistling:

...because they don't have CBs and need to communicate to their friends over the shortest distance possible given the noise....same thing I do/did without a CB.

:cool10:

and I can imagine the communication(s)....

guy on left..

"hey man....my pipes are louder than yours!"

guy on right..

"what'd ya say??? .... get closer!"

guy on left..

"what?"

guy on right moves closer..

"what?...move closer!"

guy on left moves closer..

"I said, my pipes are lou..." **CRASH**

:sign20:

Question... why is it that most of these "type" of Harley riders always ride side-by-side instead of in the staggered form that most all other bikers ride in? What is it about them that makes them feel that they, and only they, can do this? Personally, I hate riding directly beside someone... it forces me to be more attentive to stay in that "track" and be constantly watching to ensure neither of us are getting too close to each other.
I agree or if somthing jump out at you even a bird you cant move.:confused24:

• 2 months later...
Guest BluesLover

Well said John! Ditto for me.

Cheers,

Interesting marketing strategy. Talking about sticking it to the man. It's ironic that much of their success has been fueled by the man or Yuppies up to their kneck in the establishment. Harley is as establishment & capitalistic as any american corporation. Seems pretty hipocritical to me. It's actually pretty humorous to me that they play to the so called nonconformists and the nonconformists and individuals are all doing the same things, wearing the same clothes, riding the same bikes, an oxymoron if you know what I mean. We all do it this Venturerider sight is a testament of that and it's not a bad thing unless you try to pretend to be a non conformist and a rebel but hang with tens of thousands of others that think, act, dress alike and if you don't ride the same machine you aint s@#$t. I have nothing against Harley and if you ride a Harley more power to you. I know it is just marketing strategies and they are marketing geniuses. They do resonate with the afore mentioned crowd and they pretend to be the only American made motorcycle. The only true American made motorcycle is Honda. The factory is here and assembled here. About 40% of Harley is Japanese, Canadian, and Chinese parts.There is a town in Japan that adopted the name Usa which was a strategy for Harley to claim the parts that come from this vender is made in USA. Most if not all of their shock components come from Usa Japan. I know these are fighting words for die hard Harley riders and I don't mean to affend but the truth is the truth and I get sick & tired of this riding the legend crap and otherwise intelligent people buying into the lie. I say ride what you like and like what you ride. Life is too short to quibble about which ride is the best and other superficialities. Not talking about the good natured ribbing that goes on in this sight between members, friends, etc. Just enjoy each ride as if it is your last because @ some point in the future it will be. I've probably said enough and for some I've said too much. BaBye!

About 40% of Harley is Japanese, Canadian, and Chinese parts.There is a town in Japan that adopted the name Usa which was a strategy for Harley to claim the parts that come from this vender is made in USA.

That town has been around for over 40 years. Harley didn't have anything to do with creating it....:rotf::rotf::rotf:

In video and advertisements you will see folks riding close together because empty space don't sell. It is just like the car commercials where they show lines of cars rolling with about five feet between. Hollywood always changes reality to whatever they think will look good.

Interesting marketing strategy. Talking about sticking it to the man. It's ironic that much of their success has been fueled by the man or Yuppies up to their kneck in the establishment. Harley is as establishment & capitalistic as any american corporation. Seems pretty hipocritical to me. It's actually pretty humorous to me that they play to the so called nonconformists and the nonconformists and individuals are all doing the same things, wearing the same clothes, riding the same bikes, an oxymoron if you know what I mean. We all do it this Venturerider sight is a testament of that and it's not a bad thing unless you try to pretend to be a non conformist and a rebel but hang with tens of thousands of others that think, act, dress alike and if you don't ride the same machine you aint s@#$t. I have nothing against Harley and if you ride a Harley more power to you. I know it is just marketing strategies and they are marketing geniuses. They do resonate with the afore mentioned crowd and they pretend to be the only American made motorcycle. The only true American made motorcycle is Honda. The factory is here and assembled here. About 40% of Harley is Japanese, Canadian, and Chinese parts.There is a town in Japan that adopted the name Usa which was a strategy for Harley to claim the parts that come from this vender is made in USA. Most if not all of their shock components come from Usa Japan. I know these are fighting words for die hard Harley riders and I don't mean to affend but the truth is the truth and I get sick & tired of this riding the legend crap and otherwise intelligent people buying into the lie. I say ride what you like and like what you ride. Life is too short to quibble about which ride is the best and other superficialities. Not talking about the good natured ribbing that goes on in this sight between members, friends, etc. Just enjoy each ride as if it is your last because @ some point in the future it will be. I've probably said enough and for some I've said too much. BaBye!

:clap2::clap2::thumbsup2:

:thumbsup2:

But it is unfortunately so typical of Harley riders. Not knocking the bike but the typical lack of riding gear with Harley riders. The beanie helmet in itself is bad enough but then the typcal tank tops and jeans. I saw a Harley rider the other day riding with shorts, sneakers, no shirt and holding a cigarette in his mouth. They definitely don't help their own image at times.

forget about "IMAGES" guys....just enjoy riding dem bikes. everyone has their own preferences as to how to dress up or what to wear when riding their bikes. we are not an army and dont have to wear any particular type of uniform. i dont really care what the other guy thinks of me, when riding my bike.....all i know is....i'm having a heck of a time! :banana::banana::banana::7_6_3[1]:

I too believe in individual thinking so I guess this goes against the grain here. They all look like soldiers , riding the same mounts ,wearing the same uniforms and riding in generally unsafe manner.

I have ridden many thousands of miles on bikes and cars , and trucks and I too have a right to think they are just a herd of Wanna Bees ,who for whatever reason think it is cool to look like, and act like the rest of the pack. 99% are the nicest people in the world. I get into discussions about everything from safety gear ,to radio communications . Most dont want to hear it . They are also the ones without adequate medical insurance ,and will not have to pay the bill when disaster strikes. And sooner or later it Will strike.. All I could see as that herd of bikes went up that ramp ,was what would happen if something went wrong in the pack?

We know what would happen ,we just refuse to acknowledge it.

IL get off my SOAP BOX now I'm going riding

Bill P

This was not ment to make anyone angry: It only my 2 cents. Thats all its worth. One little voice among many thousands. Ride SAFE