IGNORED

Indian Motorcycle

Freebird

Anybody here know anything about Indian motorcycles? I've found an old one that needs a LOT of work. It's a small one, probably manufactured by Royal Enfield and badged for Indian. He's not sure what size it is. He said maybe 350cc but I'm thinking maybe 500cc. I haven't seen it in person, only these very bad photos.

The vin number is vin#e11512147 1e513 Not sure if the last part of that number is actually part of the vin or not. Year model is 1956

Regular glutton for punishment aint ya??

If you have that much free time, it tells me that we're not keeping you busy enough.

heehee

If that isn't too far gone, it looks like a fun project though.

And if it's worth 9500 restored?? YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Contact Bob Stark at Starklite. He is in Paris Ca just north of San Diego. He is the all knowing Oz of Indians. He has all the old tooling to make the parts and is world renowned as the #1 authority. I have taken a tour of his place a few times and even got to ride a couple of his restorations. If you need more info email me. Rod

Don you should go for it. Even though these Indians are by many rated as troublesome bikes then they do have a high price tag. And also if you find out that it is to much of a work and hazzle to restore it you can always sell it. For me its a no loose situation.

Looking forward to see it all chromed and shiny in the spring on maintenance day.

Anybody here know anything about Indian motorcycles? I've found an old one that needs a LOT of work. It's a small one, probably manufactured by Royal Enfield and badged for Indian. He's not sure what size it is. He said maybe 350cc but I'm thinking maybe 500cc. I haven't seen it in person, only these very bad photos.

The vin number is vin#e11512147 1e513 Not sure if the last part of that number is actually part of the vin or not. Year model is 1956

don here's what i found out for you. royal enfield badged it's 250/350/and 500 singles as indians for the american market. this lasted till 1959. not a real indian but has a neat looking vintage motor. probably have a hard time finding parts and not sure of the value. don't know exactly what model that is, the picture is'nt that good, they had a tt model named a woodsman. looks like the enfield motor. check with stark lite he is the indian guru. he even makes indian clone motors. good luck. :2133:bill