IGNORED

I changed the color of my gauges! Look!

Like i said in my previous post, gauge overlays came in. today, while some BORING football was on ( Michigan doesnt play till 330), i decided to give it a whirl. heres what i did.... i removed the cluster. took out message center, to check for solder breaks. unscrewed the 6 screws holding the black faceplate on to expose gauges. cleaned gauges with dustfree cloth. removed overlays and spread out on clean work surface. carefully removed tach overlay and sprayed with enclosed solution (soapy water). punched out tiny hole where needle stop is with a paperclip. carefully slid overlay over gauge face and aligned using a maglite. used enclosed squeegee to remove bubbles. voila!! did this on temp, volt, and speedo. speedo didnt quite line up right for my 83vr. off by 5mph. dont care, these look sweet!!! its really made for 86-94, skydoc sent them a cluster. thanks earl! reassembled cluster. these were custom made for our forum!! please show your support and get a great custom look! price is 19.99 for white. a dozen other colors are available. check out their site at www.whitegauges.net. it was sooooo easy that im getting a set for my car too! i also ordered some carbon fiber sheet to upgrade the look of the instrument pod itself. writeup to follow soon. GO BLUE! took less than an hour!

Edited by reddevilmedic

• 3 months later...