IGNORED

Rivco Center Stand Problem

BigBoi

I recently purchased a Rivco Center Stand for my Venture. The install was pretty simple and all was well until one morning last week I had a hell of a time getting the bike off the stand, it just kept sliding on the garage floor. Never, ever had a problem putting it on the stand or taking it off before. Now the only way I can get the bike off the stand is to jack it up and take stand off. Any suggestions:icon_smile_question

I recently purchased a Rivco Center Stand for my Venture. The install was pretty simple and all was well until one morning last week I had a hell of a time getting the bike off the stand, it just kept sliding on the garage floor. Never, ever had a problem putting it on the stand or taking it off before. Now the only way I can get the bike off the stand is to jack it up and take stand off. Any suggestions:icon_smile_question

Other than putting it on a rougher surface you might check the pivot bolt to see if it might have tightened up on you. You might also put a little lube on the yoke. The feet are smooth so they don't 'bite' like some of the others and have a tendency to slide if there's any sort of mechanical resistance.

A few years ago I had similar problem with my Rivco stand. Found the stops had bent back a slight bit placing the stand at a more severe angle when engaged (rear tire just grazing the floor when up on stand) that made it about impossible to get bike down.

Contacted Rivco , sent stand back and they replaced the stand at no cost to me. :)

I no longer sit on the bike to rock it off the stand and thing have been perfect since. To get it down I reverse the up process while standing at bikes side.

I had the same problem with my bike and Rivco stand at work. Bike slid all over on the smooth floor when I was trying to take it down. Now I just put a piece of duct tape on the floor in front of the stand. A bigger issue I had was the foot on the right side dragging on hard right turns or going over a bump during a right turn. I got worried about it catching during a high speed turn so I ended up grinding the corner off. Now the running board scrapes well ahead of the center stand. And there is no longer a sharp edge to anchor me.

Mike