IGNORED

Royal Star Colors - Team work!

StarFan

Well, in a thread called "Putting Venture carbs on a 96RSTD" the discussion led to talk about what colors were offered for the various years of the Star. I did some searching and found out that there is a big difference between years both in how many colors and what colors were offered. So I was thinking if it would not be cool if we had pictures of every color offered for the stars in a folder on this site sorted out by manuf.year and type. So what do you guys think about this? I have already begun working on this and first of all I am gathering info on colors offered for each year. Alongside we can search for pictures and would be most fun to get them from members only - if possible. So what do you guys think? Should we give this a go? Freebird ! Can we somehow host this on the site? So if you play along and want to add some color just copy my list here below and fill in accordingly and repost. That way the list should little by little be filled in. And make comments on corrections if there are any wrong info.

I am not far gone on this but I started with the 1996 to 1997 model and here is what I think was offered. Note that we are talking about the 1996 to 2001 Royal Star. Not the Venture and Royale Venture. The color info on them is listed on this site (This post was edited after Sleeperhawks post here below:

1996 model :

New White / Mature Red

Bluish White / Blue Metallic

Yamaha Black

Milky Brown / Yamaha Black

Bluish White / Dark Blue Cocktail

1997 model:

New White / Mature Red

Elegant Brown / Black

Shirobai White / Enticer Maroon

Milky Brown / Urushi Black

1998 model:

Cammellia Green / Ceramic White

1999 model:

2000 model:

2001 model:

Black (no other color).

So you guys and gals who know anything about the other models chip in and update the list. Little by little the list will grow and finally be completed. Any suggestions on doing this differently of cause welcome. So lets work together !!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by StarFan

I am going to repaint my 99 Venture with 2007 blue and black colors, so when i went to the dealer to get paint codes, they told me that this site http://www.colorrite.com/ was where yamaha gets their paint. I believe you can get the names and paint codes by clicking on motorcycles and selecting the year and model for any yamaha you are looking for paint codes for. Many others also. Hope this helps!:080402gudl_prv:

Big Mike

I have A Royal Star brochure from 1996 (picked up at a Canadian dealer). Although it has a picture of a black Royal Star in it, at the back of the brochure in the specification list are the following colours:

Royal Star - Ivory over Wild Cherry,Onyx,Pearl White over Royal Blue

RS Tour Classic - Sandstone over Onyx,Sapphire Blue over Pearl White

I also have a brochure from 1998 (unfortunately I wrote prices in ink in it) also from Canadian dealer:

Royal Star Black - Cherry Red, Silver over white

RS Tour Classic - Black with white, Green with white

RS Tour Deluxe - Black, Black over grey (brochure has pic of black and red in it)

Hope this helps guys.

Attached are some pdfs I made from some old Motorcycle Cruiser magazines. There was a fellow over on the Delphi forums that was collecting this sort of information I am pretty sure all of the colors, including the special paint editions done by Jon at Bushtec Trailers is included over on one of the Delphi forums, check the main or front page of the Royal Star or V-4 forums. I will check next time I am over on those sites. The paint colors are listed in the attached articles, you wil just need to wade through them.