IGNORED

Rockets trip

friesman

They are now here in Johnson City. We went out and ate mexican and got the oil changed in the 86. Not sure yet what we are going to do tomorrow. I would love to show them some good mountain road riding.

RandyA

Oil changed on both bikes & did some sidestand work as well. Good to meet up with more of the VR family, as this trip progresses.

Left Venturous's (RandyA's) place this morning, soggy ride with thunderstorms. Didn't get as far as wanted in todays travels. So probably will not get to Wrongway's tomorrow, if more of the same weather. Now to try & figure out, which routes are still open.....

:bang head:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got in a good visit, some good eating and a little maintenance. Was hoping to show them around the area some, but I believe they were a little tired of riding. We ate Mexican the first night with Steve (SGN) and took them to Golden Corral with Steve's lady Ann and my lady Linda. I don't think Golden Corral made much profit on us with their buffet.

As you can see, we also had a full moon.

RandyA

Hey Sprocket, I tried returning your call with the # that came up on the ID but it failed to go through and said "not allowed" You a secret spy or something??

Hey Sprocket, I tried returning your call with the # that came up on the ID but it failed to go through and said "not allowed" You a secret spy or something??

Nope, no cell coverage here, had to use wifi & skype to make any calls.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I'm back at home, with the summer wandering finished. Here is a map of the main routes, but not all of the side trips.

The ballpark figure for total milage is 10,000, as I forgot to note the odometer on the 86 prior to starting, but knowing I put much less than 1,000 on it, since buying it for this trip.

:mo money::mo money::thumbsup2::canada:

Edited by Rocket

Wow! Like they say Rocket ..... WHAT A RIDE!

Ya know, they write books about trips like this, maybe sell the movie rights. Lets see.... maybe ......Old Coots on Old Scoots? :smile5:

And I missed being able to meet up and ride a bit with you guys by 50 miles.

Damn!

So where ya going next trip?

Mike

Wow! Like they say Rocket ..... WHAT A RIDE!

Ya know, they write books about trips like this, maybe sell the movie rights. Lets see.... maybe ......Old Coots on Old Scoots? :smile5:

And I missed being able to meet up and ride a bit with you guys by 50 miles.

Damn!

So where ya going next trip?

Mike

Probably less than that Mike, because of the I 29 flood detour. We stayed at the Omaha motel 6 on the south side, before heading west on I 80 the next day.

By the way Rocket you appear to have a bunch of coloring to do on your states traveled map. Guess that is a job for those days when you just can't get out there to ride eh?

:snow:

Done, just have to merge the usa & cdn ones, before posting. :2cents: