IGNORED

Will Vmax carb rebuild kits fit an 88 Venture?

I got to ask....where did you find complete kits for the carb rebuilds? I had to order everything one piece at a time.

I think the basic seals and gaskets are the same but the jets should be different. The floats from a VMax will be a direct replacement for the 1st gens carbs if needed.

Hey Squeeze........need help here.

Snag

A couple of years ago I was rebuilding my carbs and I asked that same question to MRCYCLES...They said it has been too many years for rebuilding kits to be good anymore so none were available..Evidently they had pulled rebuilding kits from the shelves some years prior(Dried gaskets, diaphrams etc) so parts had to be ordered individually....

I can tell you one thing, its not cheap especially if you include diaphrams...

I got to ask....where did you find complete kits for the carb rebuilds? I had to order everything one piece at a time.

I think the basic seals and gaskets are the same but the jets should be different. The floats from a VMax will be a direct replacement for the 1st gens carbs if needed.

Hey Squeeze........need help here.

Mike's absolutely right on the Spot. Jets are definately different. If the Emulsion Tube is Part the "Kit", it won't fit either.

Something like this may work, it doesn't have the jets and tubes, but looks like all the rubber parts and the gasket, except for the decel diaphragm and the slide diaphragm.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-86-07-VMAX-CARB-KITS-CARBURETOR-KITS_W0QQitemZ200391731171QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2ea84727e3

Partsnmore has the decel diaphragms for $12 a pop, which is the cheapest I have seen them.

Of course, there is the ebay slide diaphragm tech tip on this site, if you need those.

The only thing not covered is the rubber plugs in the jet block. Boats.net has them for $5 a pop, which is expensive. I am considering looking at Ace hardware, they have all kinds of plugs and such. If not I am going ot machine aluminum pieces that will have an oring.

I replaced all those rubber plugs in the jet block. UGH! I said...$5 each. But You know when done, you can go another 20 years. About half of my originals were not perfect when removed. Also replace the little oring around the "brass tube" the needle slides in. This is a critical o-ring which should be replaced. Also $5 ea. for a 1mm o-ring. Jeeezzzz.