IGNORED

Honda Goldwing GL1500 SE or RSV

Bartley

I've got a buddy here who wants to change from his cruiser to a touring bike. Right now he is looking at a gorgeous 2000 goldwing 1500 se and an '05 RSV (also mint). Both bikes have low mileage and are priced the same.

He needs a nudge in one direction or the other so I told him I'd get on this board and ask those of you who have owned a 1500 to give your honest opinions in your comparison of these 2 bikes. It would be much appreciated. Thanks!:)

Guest KitCarson
I've got a buddy here who wants to change from his cruiser to a touring bike. Right now he is looking at a gorgeous 2000 goldwing 1500 se and an '05 RSV (also mint). Both bikes have low mileage and are priced the same.

He needs a nudge in one direction or the other so I told him I'd get on this board and ask those of you who have owned a 1500 to give your honest opinions in your comparison of these 2 bikes. It would be much appreciated. Thanks!:)

That is a decision your buddy must make for himself. Which one does he like? How does it fit when riding it? How does it handle? They are both great choices, thing is no other person can make the choice for another......how it feels, how it fits........that person, is the seat comfortable for him, might fit one of us........he might hate it......

This is a dangerous question, even for someone like myself who might say most anything.......so tried to use some wisdom on this one. Kit

That is a decision your buddy must make for himself. Which one does he like? How does it fit when riding it? How does it handle? They are both great choices, thing is no other person can make the choice for another......how it feels, how it fits........that person, is the seat comfortable for him, might fit one of us........he might hate it......

This is a dangerous question, even for someone like myself who might say most anything.......so tried to use some wisdom on this one. Kit

I agree with Kit, he's gonna have to ride both to see what is best for his style of riding.

Went through the same thing, I decided to go with the RSV because it looks like a motorcycles and had way more chrome. Another thing I like about the RSV was when seating on the bikes I seat into the RSV and on top of the others bikes. That was a big + for me.

He needs to join the forum and then submit an application to be a Venture owner. Only the upper elite of mankind are truly worthy of owning one of these fine machines. :)

So, you got in before the application process?:stickinouttounge:

You will never know which bike is for you until you ride them all. I was surprised by my choice. You should also visit forums for each brand and see what kind of problems each has, but be careful there. Most post about the problems they are having not the problems they are not having so you may may think every brand of bike out there is a piece of junk ready to self destruct every time you hit the starter switch.

So - tell him to go ride each and make up his mind after that. Every brand is a totally different experience.

Well, the 05 RSV still has at least two years of its 5 year unlimited mileage warranty. Nuff said!

Yes, I'm talking to my self.. I just remembered, in Canada they only get a 2 year warranty..

but still. I might take a GL1800 over and RSV depending on the price, but not a 1500.

I've owned both. I definetly prefer the RSV because it is much more comfortable. The wing has "smooth/quiet" advantages, as well as more space to store stuff when traveling, but seating/feet position is not as conducive to long rang touring as the RSV. I much prefer the Venture.

So, you got in before the application process?:stickinouttounge:

You will never know which bike is for you until you ride them all. I was surprised by my choice. You should also visit forums for each brand and see what kind of problems each has, but be careful there. Most post about the problems they are having not the problems they are not having so you may may think every brand of bike out there is a piece of junk ready to self destruct every time you hit the starter switch.

So - tell him to go ride each and make up his mind after that. Every brand is a totally different experience.

They turned me down 3 times before I got in:322::stirthepot:----Buzzard

I sat on a bunch of bikes before I bought..The wing just didnt feel right --cant explain it--well--for one thing I didnt like the ferring (sp) that didnt move with the bars or the feet position. I know the weight is about the same but the wing just seemed so massive. Sat on a Harley and almost dropped when I looked at the tag. :080402gudl_prv:---Buzz

I owned a '98 SE after selling my '88 Royale. I have never been on a RSV (I would if I could find one around here).

I can say that the SE was a very solid, quiet bike but rather clumsy compared to my 88 Royale.

Ride both and decide for yourself.