IGNORED

External Noise Sensing Microphone cover?

So the external noise microphone is missing the "Special waterproof cloth" cover on both the control units I have. What is a suitable replacement material? Leaving that whole in the control unit open to the elements cannot be good!

Put some wax on the cheesecloth? Doesn't have to be much as the pores are so small.

Even a tiny bit of cheap face mask would work.

The cloth chosen will affect the frequency response that the microphone hears, but I think it's looking for generic noise anyway...so no issue there.

Seriously, I doubt a hole that small would get much water in it with any type cloth covering that has some water resistance. You don't want waterproof stuff...

Edited by videoarizona
sp

Just an FYI for you, 40: My sensor has been missing the membrane and I have had no problems with moisture. Bike has been out in the rain since 2014 (but stored in the garage when home) and have no problems with electrical side of radio. (Knock on wood! LOL). YMMV.

Jim

What and where is this mic your talking about. If its the comm mic I spent way more than it was worth for a "guaranteed" noise eliminator. LOL suffice it to say it did nothing for it. But what it is basically is a piece of 1/2" heat shrink with a hole rite over the pick up.