IGNORED

Tranny probs

Guest Robert1955

Doubt it is that easy. If it jumps out of gear in second, you h ave some real work ro do or skip second when shifting. '83 to a limited amount of '85's have this issue.

Search the forum for this subject and you will find a lot of posts. Yer perty much looking at pulling the motor ans splitting the case.

Search the forum for this subject and you will find a lot of posts. Yer perty much looking at pulling the motor ans splitting the case.

:sign yeah that: Thrust washer inside the case, not a fun job, but many of our members do it. As mentioned there are many write ups on it and if your mechanically inclined, you should be able to make it happen :happy34:

Its kinda sorta jumps out of gear. Long as I don't get on it to bad, its ok.. So is it a easy fix?

In comes the Grim Reaper! Yours is a classic Venture disease. Rather than repair my 2nd gear, I just bought a 1300cc engine on eBay cheaper than repairing the old 1200. Just make dog-gone sure the last 4 digits of the serial number (on one you buy) is higher than 1413. 1414 and higher is when they started producing the improved transmission.

Sorry, you're not alone!

In comes the Grim Reaper! Yours is a classic Venture disease. Rather than repair my 2nd gear, I just bought a 1300cc engine on eBay cheaper than repairing the old 1200. Just make dog-gone sure the last 4 digits of the serial number (on one you buy) is higher than 1413. 1414 and higher is when they started producing the improved transmission.

Sorry, you're not alone!

That serial number only applies to the 1985 1200 models. Everything past that, plus 86-93 1300's, will have the improved tranny. The serial numbers are only consecutive for each model year, and start over with the new year.

That serial number only applies to the 1985 1200 models. Everything past that, plus 86-93 1300's, will have the improved tranny. The serial numbers are only consecutive for each model year, and start over with the new year.

Condor, you're absolutely right. It's a real shame that Yamaha Inc. allowed it to go on so long with that obvious problem. SHAME ON THEM!! :8:

Here is Freebirds post (I think it is His)

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=508

Here is mine.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2410

RandyA started this repair, and it works well. I have put several thousand miles on mine in the last several months. And i just did an 1800 mile trip from San Diego Ca back to Ms. With no tranny problems.....