IGNORED

Question?

GlennTuc

I have a question to ask our members and guest. My 08 RSV has been in the shop now for 3 weeks with a radio problem (will not work, cuts in and out). The dealer has changed out the left rear speaker, entire radio unit, handlebar control head, wiring sub-harness and CB mich button and still cannot find the problem. I thought they were going to change out the entire harness earlier but they didn't, but now have decided to do so. Now, I've been without my bike now for 3 weeks and it looks like I may be without it for another 2 weeks at least. I'm getting tired of waiting on it.:headache: The people I work with have told me to demand a loaner bike or yet, give me another one. I'm a fairly patient person and have dealt with this dealer before and like them. But my question to you fellow members who have dealt with bike dealers before is: How long should I wait before I start squawking and raising cane about getting my bike back? I got about a months riding out of it before the radio and CB broke.:mad: My bike was my primary transportation to and from work. Needless to say I'm getting a little frustrated and so is the shop trying to fix it. They also have another 08 RSV in the shop with the same problem. When they figure out what's wrong with mine, they can fix the other one too. Any advice from you all will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Glenn

In some states, the lemon laws cover both automobiles and motorcycles. I know for a fact that they do in Ohio and your bike may well qualify at this point.

The downside is that it can take as long as 2 years to settle a lemon law case so that's not going to speed things up much. :(

Like Two Tone said, I had the same problem most of the time when I excelerated

the radio would cut out. Then I leaned back hard in my seat the radio cut out.

Took the seat off and the wiring seemed to be crimped the harness's were routed so they crossed each other I seperated them to where they cross in another spot the radio has worked fine since. Hope this helps

I don't think I'd take my bike in since my bike is no longer under warranty, what for. Every time you turn around and see a post on hear about getting a radio or CB to work again, they never seem to be able to fix it, and in most case's, I don't think they ever got enough training to do so. We'd probably be better off just fixing it ourselves and getting one of those radio's that goes between the handle-bars, and just hook up the anntena and speakers and we're good to go. My 1st gen and my RSV 99 have been in the shop several times for six weeks and this is unexceptable. Always seems to be a parts issue most of the time, but I think it has to do with bad management and nobody knowing what to do! I had one time where I was told to bring my bike in at 9:00 a.m., my dash was cracked (one week till the end of the warranty) and was told to come back at 1:00 p.m. and it would be finished, I go to pick up the bike and they hadn't even started it. By the time they finally started to fix it, the guy had to work overtime and I finally got my bike back at 6:45 p.m. As far as training, and I guess it's getting to the point where theres just too many different types of bikes now, but I went in to get a new battery and told the parts guy it was for a 99RSV. He starts looking (I guess because he was too embarrest to ask), but then he comes back and asked, what's a RSV? I said you work here and don't know what an RSV is. These guys must go to school for about six weeks and learn nothing. Well, I guess I've vented enough now, haven't done this much talking in a long time, but as long as it takes to get a bike fixed any more, this is why so much talking went on, sorry guys.:o

THREE WEEKS! ... dang... get it back and ride it until it's winter...then they can have it as long as they need it...free winter storage! LOL
So that means I want it fixed now. I'm glad that I can do most of the work most of the time so I don't have to take it in. The worst part that I usually have is that every time I take a bike in, I almost always get it back with something else wrong of find something broken, even with the car, nobody cares..........it's not their bike or car. But I guess parts issue's are the big thing when it comes to fixin a first gen. I had mind for almost 17 yrs., and it was a bear then, I can imagine what it would be like now. The way you take care of your bike though Rick when we were at S.L.O., your the man as you take great care and pride for a great motorcycle, tell Nina hi for me and hopefully we'll get together again next year for VWV, take care. :thumbsup2:

Rich