IGNORED

My navigator..............

DragonRider

Charlene is finally getting something done about her problems, knee, back, and hip. The dr. did another mri on her hip and her knee and after her last visit, she is now scheduled for orthoscopic surgery on her knee. She has a torn miniscus, damage to joint and needs to repair a tendon on her left knee. Recovery should be a little over 2 weeks if all goes well. Dont know if she will be able to ride in comfort after that or wait until she has her hip surgery, so keep her in your prayers for an easy go of it. It would be great to have her back on the bike again. The surgery is going to be on the 9/11/2008.

Edited by DragonRider

Torn minicus is not to bad. Went through that a few years ago. A friend who is a physical ther. says the more you work after the surgery to strenthen the knee the better. You have to push yourself. He also says the older the patent,the harder it is to get them to work hard. My dad is 82 and had a knee replaced 5 yrs ago and a hip this yr. Everyone thinks he is in his 70's. He worked extremly hard to get in shape. Runs beagles in field trails trails all over east of the Mississippi. Still bow and gun hunts for deer. Hope everything works out great and you get your riding partner back soon.:thumbsup2:

Make her do the therapy afterwards and get back on her feet as soon as she can.

My experience is my mother had a hip replaced about 8 years ago, the following year she had the opposite knee. Today at the wonderful age of 88 she's walking 2 - 3 miles a day and swims when she can. Poor dad just can't keep up with her even on the riding tractor and I know he tries...:rotf:So count yourself lucky when Charlene is back up and on her feet if you can keep up with her....

We'll put both you you in our prayers for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

We're glad to see that Charlene will finally get some relief. The therapy will be the hard part, so you will probably want to commit to exercise with her to help keep her going. The harder the therapy, the better the recovery. How would I know? A torn ACL and torn miniscus some years ago proved this to be very, very true...

Terry & Janis