IGNORED

Live and learn

Guest jdriskell

Guest jdriskell

I took my '05 venture to the shop for the factory supplied front light bar to be repaired and the shop manager told me that the problem was a factory defect as he handed me a bill for $175.00. The bike is paid for so I paid the bill. I believe they saw me coming from a ways off. Do you suppose I have any recourse? appreciate your thoughts:confused24:

I took my '05 venture to the shop for the factory supplied front light bar to be repaired and the shop manager told me that the problem was a factory defect as he handed me a bill for $175.00. The bike is paid for so I paid the bill. I believe they saw me coming from a ways off. Do you suppose I have any recourse? appreciate your thoughts:confused24:

this sounds like a double dip he billed you and i bet he billed yamaha to

i would call yamaha and find out why you had to pay if it was a factory defect

• 1 month later...
Guest JGorom

I had one go on my 2005 RSTD that was on my bike less than a year. The dealer replaced the lightbar for free (both parts and labor).

:sign yeah that:

As stated above, I had one just fail on my 05, and the dealer - not the one I bought the bike from - replaced the light bar (and labor) at no charge. Those bars are known to have defects - and you shouldn't have to pay for it - bike paid off or not. :080402gudl_prv:

he probably billed for the labor not the light bar.....

Since the light bar is an add on yamaha may not pay them for te labor to install it since the light bar isn't a stock item, it probably isn't covered by the warranty.

this sounds like a double dip he billed you and i bet he billed yamaha to

i would call yamaha and find out why you had to pay if it was a factory defect

he probably billed for the labor not the light bar.....

Since the light bar is an add on yamaha may not pay them for te labor to install it since the light bar isn't a stock item, it probably isn't covered by the warranty.

How's your new light bar doing Tom, just curious.:mustache: