IGNORED

Any dog experts out there?

Aimhigh

This is a puppy my son found. We are trying to figure out what he is...we are thinking German Shepherd...any other ideas? Appreciate your input. We will find out for sure in the next day or so when we take him to the vet.

Well he's not a Dalmatian that's for sure! I don't know what he is, but he sure is a keeper.

I would "Venture" to say that it is a Shepard. We've had 2 litters over the years, and looking at my 15 yr old "Max" laying over there, I'd have to say that you're on the money. Feet size as he/she grows will tell you how big it will get. It's definately a keeper!!!!

Good luck and get plenty of old socks and shoes for it to chew on!!!

Dan

Absolutely "mostly "german shepherd dog!"

could be full blooded, very nice looking pup.

looks to be about 9 to 11 weeks old.

in about 6 months , you will know more!(and own less). i.e. furniture legs, sox shoes, phone cords, t.v. remotes, etc.

lol

just jt

I used to raise Schnauzers and have never seen one that color. Not saying there aren't any but I've never seen one. I don't quite see German Shepherd either though, a little bit but not 100%. Whatever he is, I agree he is a cute pup and should grow up to be a nice dog.

Wellllll....thanks for all the input. We took him to the vet this afternoon...verdict....German Shepherd/Chou mix...about six weeks old (young). Vet thinks he will be between 40 and 50 pounds. Mystery solved!

By the way, I really do appreciate the input and comments from you all...this really is a great web site and you are special folks. Thank you.

:clap2:

Jim T

NOT necessarily, a CHOW mix.

some gsds, have purple spots or splotches on their tongue, if that is what he was going by.

earlier, i posted "black sable". i meant to type RED sable. the reason i typed black, is because that is what mine is.105 pounds of "pure protection", on the hoof!

just jt

This is a puppy my son found. We are trying to figure out what he is...we are thinking German Shepherd...any other ideas? Appreciate your input. We will find out for sure in the next day or so when we take him to the vet.

My roommate the dog expert shes shepard and chow I say wolf, when in doubt you can always call it an American Dingo

NOT necessarily, a CHOW mix.

some gsds, have purple spots or splotches on their tongue, if that is what he was going by.

earlier, i posted "black sable". i meant to type RED sable. the reason i typed black, is because that is what mine is.105 pounds of "pure protection", on the hoof!

just jt

Your dog has hooves? Must be rough on the carpeting.

:rotf: