IGNORED

OK, I'm Done

nelsonrl

With my scuba lessons. My wife and I both decided to buy some new snorkle equipment. Next thing I know we were both signed up for open water scuba certification lessons. You guys just thought a Harley was expensive - start buying scuba equipment.

Anyway, we finished our confined water and classroom instructon a couple of weeks ago and completed our forth and final open water dive today. We are both certified not as open water divers!

Let the adventure begin!

CONGRATS, to the two of you!!!!!

now let's see?

new 4 wheel drive pick-up truck(King Ranch edition),new offshore capable boat,(with all of the extra necessities).

trips to the gulf coast,(to go diving for sunken galleons, that lie just off shore).

uh - - Rick , looks like you're gonna have to get a part time job, or better yet, another Full time job, to support your new hobby!

lol:mo money::mo money:

just jt:banana::banana:

Well since your not open water divers yet. But when you do can you get an Autograph from Jaws for me when you see him.....:yikes:

Congratulations on your Scuba Diving. :clap2:

I always wanted to deep water dive but never got around to doing it. Closest I got to diving is when we would swing out over the pond about 30 feet out and 25 feet in the air.

Buddy

I won't ride in the rain much less get my RSV deep into the Ocean. Glad you can enjoy both.. I can only afford one bad habit. Riding my ((RSV) and I love to dive just cant afford the truck, boat and diving equiptment.

Have fun

JB

food for thought!!

How deep will an 860lb bike go??

:mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money:

CONGRATS, to the two of you!!!!!

now let's see?

new 4 wheel drive pick-up truck(King Ranch edition),new offshore capable boat,(with all of the extra necessities).

trips to the gulf coast,(to go diving for sunken galleons, that lie just off shore).

uh - - Rick , looks like you're gonna have to get a part time job, or better yet, another Full time job, to support your new hobby!

lol:mo money::mo money:

just jt:banana::banana:

The truck would HAVE to be the Harley Davidson edition of course.:D

Congrats to both of you. I am certified also, it's such a surreal feeling gliding over the deck of a sunken ship.

If there is one tip I can give you it's go slow and you will see and enjoy so much more. I have dived the wrecks off North Carolina and gone from end to end and not seen a lot of stuff, but stopped in one area for 10 minutes and saw more sea life than I ever had. As you swim by they scurry away and hide, but if you just hang out they all come out again.

Congrats guys! Scuba is an experience you will enjoy for many years. I was certified many years ago and dove for years off both coasts.

Now it's been a few years and the last time I tried to get into my dive suit..........well, I'm going to need more baby powder! LOL! One must expand the equipment to keep current ya know.

Oh Look! And orca! Beware kids with spearguns.

Dive safe.

Congrats.

You didn't mention who you were certified with but I have been certified with PADI since 1979 (dating myself again) great fun. Really loved diving on wrecks and there is a lot of them in the Great Lakes.

Be careful don't get over confident. I haven't dived for about 10 years now for medical reasons but I have dived in some great places. I don't know if you can still do it but down south of St. Louis there is some old Lead mines that are really scary to dive in. You walk down 100 feet under ground and then dive another 80 to 100 feet, lots of chambers and places to get into trouble.

Have also have dived the waters of Hawaii and the Florida Keys.

Also dived under ice which was pretty scary and cold.

Just be careful and follow the rules and you will have great fun.

Jerry

Thanks all, I went for PADI certification. I like their program - really stresses safety. I was kind of funny today, the rock query where we were diving has several sunken items - cabin cruiser, American Eagle airplane, etc. After one of the dives the instructor asked why we were moving all the time - he reminded us that part of diving is just to hover around and watch what is happening around us.

I think we will really enjoy this - and it is quite an accomplishment for my wife. I tried to convince here to do this about 10 years ago. We had a pool then and I decided is was a lost cause when she would not even let her head go under water in the pool. This time is was her idea. I never even said anything else about it. I was happy just snorkeling. Now she is asking me which coast we should move to! Which with my job is doable. Does not really matter where I live.