Carb diaphragms for the 2nd gens are not the same as a 1st gen.

What I would like to know is if the carb diaphragms for the 1st gen are the same as the V Max.

Definately, the 1Gen MKII Diaphragm are the same as the Vmax Parts. Even the Part Number is 1FK-, which indicates VMX as first appear of the Part. The MKI Diaphragm is smaller in the Lifter Hole Boring Size, but not different on anything else.

Thanks, Squeeze. I know they sure look the same. But what made me wonder is I sometimes read here that the 1st gen diaphragms are hard to find, I suppose because the last 1st gen was several years ago now. But these V Max parts were still being put on bikes up until a couple years ago. So if the 1st gen diaphragms are the same thing, why are they so hard to find?

So if the 1st gen diaphragms are the same thing, why are they so hard to find?

Not hard to find, but some of the stealers were charging gold plated prices for them. I remember reading of another Alberta member, locally being quoted over $175. each, just after I replaced all of mine at $53. each through Flatout.

I just bidded on and won a set of 4 diaphrams for the price of 180.00 on ebay. The person I got them from says he should get some more in in the near future. If you like you can leave me a note and I'll give you his ebay name and address. That goes for anyone else out there too.

many thanks , Rick.

i'm gonna check and see if our local "marine" yammi dealer can order these, mabey cheaper?

just jt

Well folks, i guess i can forget that trick!

Yamaha marine dealer, "can order the parts for you , but they are $94.79each"!

i guess i won't be visiting them , anymore!

lol

just jt:doh:

HipShot; I bought the assemblies from Zanotti (w/spring), P/N 99999-01536-00, $54.93 each. That was back in July of '06. Today's price is $75.90. Wow! I'm sure glad my payrate increased the same percentage!!! LOL. Anywho, that's my .02 worth. Ride safe, Steve

I just bidded on and won a set of 4 diaphrams for the price of 180.00 on ebay. The person I got them from says he should get some more in in the near future. If you like you can leave me a note and I'll give you his ebay name and address. That goes for anyone else out there too.

I followed those just to see what would happen. What the seller had pictured was the rubber disc only unmounted. Most diaphragms come complete with everything except the needle which is easy to take out of the old assembly. Replacing the rubber is another matter. What did you actually receive?? If they were complete units you did good. I hesitated bidding because of the picture....

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I stopped at a Yamaha Dealership and I asked at the parts counter how much diaphragms cost? Well the person helping me did'nt know I could see the screen and he said they cost 113.95 a piece BUT I saw what they pay for them.....53.95 a piece! Seems like we're on the wrong side of the counter!

My wife and I stopped at a Yamaha Dealership and I asked at the parts counter how much diaphragms cost? Well the person helping me did'nt know I could see the screen and he said they cost 113.95 a piece BUT I saw what they pay for them.....53.95 a piece! Seems like we're on the wrong side of the counter!

All Yamaha parts prices are keystoned. In other words they get them for half of retail. Looks like your dealer was even a bit more greedy.....

Well the person helping me did'nt know I could see the screen and he said they cost 113.95 a piece BUT I saw what they pay for them.....53.95 a piece! Seems like we're on the wrong side of the counter!

Better than your local dealer

http://www.flatoutmotorcycles.com/fiche_section_select.asp?fveh=4522&section=198901&category=Motorcycles&dc=1620&year=1983&make=Yamaha&model=XVZ12TK&tiercode=&packprice=False

DIAPHRAGM 41R-14940-09-00 (replaces 41R-14940-00-00) $66.89

DIAPHRAGM ASSY (with spring) 99999-01536-00 $76.79