IGNORED

i guess i might as well retire

hipshot

no point in "working my buns off", for a "retirement nest egg". NANCY PELOSI, has already got first dibs on it!

take a look at her proposed "windfall profits tax", bill.

just jt

Retirement is becoming a thing of the past. They just want you to keep working until you die. Ever wonder why all politicians get lifetime full salary pensions and we get squat?

Most of our retirement is in the form of thrift savings; money we put into an account and the government matches the first 5%. If the market keeps screwing around I won't have a retirement either. Have already taken a big hit with the recent big decline. Thanks to all the inside traders that are running the market, the general population is getting screwed big time. I think we should just nuke Wall Street.

Most of our retirement is in the form of thrift savings; money we put into an account and the government matches the first 5%. If the market keeps screwing around I won't have a retirement either. Have already taken a big hit with the recent big decline. Thanks to all the inside traders that are running the market, the general population is getting screwed big time. I think we should just nuke Wall Street.

Just blow it up!! Nukeing will be kind of contaminiate my house!!!

Retirement is becoming a thing of the past. They just want you to keep working until you die. Ever wonder why all politicians get lifetime full salary pensions and we get squat?

I'm thinking that, because as a Nation, we are not too smart...we vote these nitwits into office and then let them do any damn thing they want.

I'm wondering how long this thread will be around....

I'm thinking that, because as a Nation, we are not too smart...we vote these nitwits into office and then let them do any damn thing they want.

I'm wondering how long this thread will be around....

It will be around. Lets face it there are plenty of nitwits on both sides of the zoo. Big problem is that most of the people there ones that have never held a real job and many are of the "Privileged" type. How can we expect them to know what it is like to struggle and work for a living. Every penny counts and they want to take it.

Brings to mind Thomas Jeffersons warning on Big Government and what happens when they get too big!!

It will be around. Lets face it there are plenty of nitwits on both sides of the zoo. Big problem is that most of the people there ones that have never held a real job and many are of the "Privileged" type. How can we expect them to know what it is like to struggle and work for a living. Every penny counts and they want to take it.

Brings to mind Thomas Jeffersons warning on Big Government and what happens when they get too big!!

That's why us normal everyday working people need to run for local office. It all starts at the local level. If we keep the career type out then we really do control our own fate. In addition, the reason why Federal elected positions were only to be paid a pittance was to prevent career politicians. Now that the are elected to become wealthy and build a career we cannot get rid of them.

I've been thinking about running for local office. I think we need a few of us computer geeks in office to help our Government officials make intelligent decisions on technology laws and technology spending.

:usa::biker::checkeredflag:

That's why us normal everyday working people need to run for local office. It all starts at the local level. If we keep the career type out then we really do control our own fate. In addition, the reason why Federal elected positions were only to be paid a pittance was to prevent career politicians. Now that the are elected to become wealthy and build a career we cannot get rid of them.

I've been thinking about running for local office. I think we need a few of us computer geeks in office to help our Government officials make intelligent decisions on technology laws and technology spending.

:usa::biker::checkeredflag:

So.....if a Geek won an office, would he/she be a Geekitian or a Politigeek???

:hurts:

I don't think it makes any difference if they are American or Canadian politician's, they are all liars and thieves, they promise you eveything to get elected, people fall for it, then you get the shaft.

The premier of our province absolutely promised no new taxes...i believe he even put it in writing....., he gets elected, not a week goes by and he slapped us with a $900 "health levy" call it what you want if it looks like a tax and smells like a tax, it's a tax.

If you can't tell this is one subject that gets my goat. icon8.gif

Ian