IGNORED

Warden Upset!! HELP!

Yammer Dan

OK help me out here. Mamamo none of this is your fault. But on the way back Mamamo was snapping pics and i was showing Froggy how good the scoot was handling. Thus pic of me with arms in air. Warden went nuts! claimed "The next time they pull you out of the ditch I won't be taking care of you!!" Really got upset about that pic. Again Mamamo it was not your fault. I tried to explain it to her that I was just checking the steering and it was no big deal. She wouldn't buy that one but said if I had enough of you to back me up that I just wasn't being a clown she might accept it. How many have done this to check steering? Road was new pavement and perfect. HELP PLEASE!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan you werent with us on any of the rides, but thats how 86er waves at the Harleys, and now he has me doing it........both hands high in the air and waving them back at forth at the Harleys, real got some really strange looks doing that on the way back home and some thumbs up from some and big smiles from others............at least at a distance it looked like a thumb, but it was one digit, I am sure of that............Hmmmmmmm, could it be.................nahhhhhhhhh. Sort of like this little guy, but we dont stick out our tongue.........

:rotf::rotf:

:nanner:

I have done it every now and then to check the steering out and

my balance. I - like you am picky of the road I am on at the time.

I have never done it with the NAVIGATOR on the back.

The police did stop a guy in St Paul for riding his GW east on 94

with his feet on the handle bars, cruise set and laying back on the seat.

I saw a guy on interstate 70 in Colorado going down the mountain from the tunnel stand up on his scoot like he was riding a surf board.

So taken your hands off the bars to check the steering is kinda tame really.

JMO..........................................Ron

Anything to help you out Dan.

Just let me know what you want her to hear and I'll swear by it... http://smilies.sofrayt.com/eng/lol5.gif (and do it with the look of a sainted choir boy)

:bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::rotf::rotf::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf: hhahahahahahahahhahahahahah

:080402gudl_prv: good luck convincing her Dan.. I thinks that maybee you should have tryed to convince her without the help of this bunch....

Busted eh. I did that when I was young and stupid for a 100 miles at a time I steered by swinging a knee into the wind. That was when I road my old wing you know the ones the first gens were copied from. Of course I was young and stupid when I did that. What was your excuse?:stirthepot::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

This is the warden....... Nobody knows what I went through for almost 2 years with him flat on his back half the time. The first 6 months was no sleep at all and if I did fall asleep. I was awoke at the least little sound. For fear that a blood clot was going to his brain or heart. Which I will remind everyone that he still has bloods clots in his leg. It takes one small gravel to upset the balance of that tire. Some of you know what losing a loved one is like and are still experiencing the pain and will for a long time. I for one do not want to feel that pain and or repeat the hell I did two years ago due to lack of smarts or a great deal of stupidity. Now you know why he says that everyone should wear a full faced helmet. If you act like that then YES I agree a full faced is the way to go. That did not look like safe riding to. No Gerald I am not sensitive. I am his wife. If you set at the table with a gun that has 6 chambers and one bullet and every once in awhile you pull that trigger then you are bound to find that one bullet sooner or later. Just One Gravel, twig or maybe a squirell. chipmunk etc. I know that anything could happen at anytime and accidents do happen. But why go looking for an accident to happen. You are supose to be setting examples for our young future riders. And live long enough to teach them how fun and exciting it is without inviting danger to go along. If they all ride like that then they'll not live long enough to teach their own or to tell their grandkids that they rode the dragon and about all the great friends that they found on this site. I've had my say and hope that everyone understand. Please do not get the wrong opinion of me. I am not overly protected or anything just want and need to know that he is safe when he leaves here. He goes where he wants when he wants as long as he wants. NUF SAID. Now PLEASE pray for me when Yammer reads this.

Warden we all sympathize with you. I would hate to see anything happen to him again. We totally understand your feelings on this and nobody will take this anyway except that you don't want anything happening to him again.

The guys are having a bit of fun with Dan since he's in trouble, but they don't mean anything by it.

I can tell you he was very cautious whenever we were with him. We also kept a close eye on him while we were riding with him. Scary as it may seem we actually care about him too, and you as well.

Margaret

Warden,

I'm not going to blow smoke here to you, I know a lot of us (Men) have done that at one point in our lives. Obviously I dont know Dan as well as you, but the pic you saw was an expression of elation for being back on the bike he truly wanted.

I can empathize with how you feel, but I also know how he flet when that pic was taken. Please dont be too hard on the boy, I know everyone of us has done something stupid or unwise that we may or may not got caught at. I know from talking with him that he has been miserable trying to get back on a Venture. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive the bonehead, we love him too :)

Caught me when I was out mowing grass. What do you say to that. I told her I was sorry and admitted it was not just checking the bike it was just feeling good about being there on it. She did have a point. Or two. Or three. I went through hell and don't want to do it again. I still can't turn loose and ride. Like learning all over again but harder. Not as young and stupid. But I'm on a 1st Gen that runs better every day. And getting to ride with some great people. Ghosts will disappear with time. Thanks everybody I think I'm forgiven til next time.

The guys are having a bit of fun with Dan since he's in trouble, but they don't mean anything by it.

Yup, but he also gets it, when he is not in trouble. It is the same for many others here. Like Freebird & lawn maint equipment, ending up in the pond, as an example.:stirthepot:

But on a more serious note.... None of us, wants to read or hear of another, being in an accident. There has been a few of us, that have been in some serious ones. :2cents:

I killed a Mule deer (missed the first one) @ 60 Mph with my 83, about a month after Yammers accident. It took about a year to get full movement with my right shoulder again.

Patty my apologies for any misunderstanding with our funning around. Most people are able to recognize my humor and accept it. Dan has told me several times how he was impressed at how the bike handled and tracked straight down the road. I motioned him up beside me for a photo shoot and he showed me.

Believe me I have a serious side.We do understand from our own experiences with family and close friends.Dan is a good friend and an inspiration. I love to hear his stories of where he was and where he is today. His success story he contributes to your love and care for him. I want to thank you for giving back his life to him. In this I speak of his return to riding. Many of the venture riders that know him well watched over him at Asheville. How many phone calls was made just checking on his departure and arrival nobody knows.

I drive over 50,000 miles a year. All I can do is ask the Lord to watch over me as my dependents are many. Before leaving for Asheville there was a lump in my throat as I weighed in the balance my faith in God and my skill as a rider against those idiots on the road. Yes I joke around and laugh even about serious stuff it is good medicine. I will not be a prisoner to fear of what might happen or if what did happen will repeat itself. I do pray for you and Dan. This is just a little peak into my heart feelings and thanks for sharing yours.

Guest BigJohnD
I do this every couple thousand miles to see if things are wrong with the front end and I don't do this for fun. :no-no-no:

Just checking...do you search for landmines by stomping around the ground?

Gerald, And everyone else on this site. I know that you guys are funnin and Dan and I read it together all the time. I need no apoligies from anyone here. I was just saying how I felt about the pic to Yammer and was not meaning to hurt anyone's feelings. I love to read this site and teasing each other is the best part of it. Dan and I have grown to love you guys. You are a great friend. Before this site he had no friends and now he does and we owe a great thanks to this site and to everybody that is here and puts up with him. Besides if it wasn't for you guys he would be home 24/7 under my feet. I get a break from everyday life just like he does when he with you guys. I think that you misunderstood me when I singled you out and I apoligize for that. I know that you were kidding and if anyone knows me then they know that I speak my mind. And I stuck my foot in my mouth when I should have just gritted my teeth. I was not mad about the pic but concerned about his safety. I do know the expression (if you fall off get back on). He stll has blood clots and he had an x-ray 2 weeks ago and was told that the bone was not healing and it might not ever heal. If he goes down again he might not ever ride again. If their not healing the first time then they won't heal the second and riding is his whole life. Take that away and he has nothing. I was just explaining to him that if you go down again there may not be any more riding for the rest of your life. You guys do the math on this one. If it were me I know what I would do. Try to ride as safe as I could for as long as I can. If you love riding so much why shorten the ride when you can ride forever. LIVE TO RIDE