IGNORED

Asheville NC or A Vist with new friends

sgn

If you don't now me it is my fault. In 07 I purchased an 83 VR "Blondie" from an Ebay seller. The desire for a motorcycle finally won and after over 25 years I was again on two wheels - almost!

The 83 needed a lot of tlc and just plain was road worthy. That's where Venturerider.org enters the picture.

Through the fine postings of many of you, I begin to get the hang of my "new" ride.

The one thing that was slowing me down was the braking system, actually it wasn't slowing me down!

In what I thought would be a last result I found a member that lived close by and asked for help. This is how I came to know Ranya (Randy). He came to rhe house one fine Saturday on that purple beauty bringing not only parts and knowledge but friendship

My wife and I could hardly believe that a stranger would give so freely of their time and talent. After a few hours my ride had brakes and more!

Working through other problems it is now road worthy and is proving to be a great amount of fun and enjoyment.

While the bie can stand for itself, part of the real enjoyment has come from this community we call Venturerider.org.

Even though I did not ride my bikw to Asheville, upon arrival for dinner, I was made to feel "right at home".

I can not rmember each and every persons name I met, but I do now this. Each on acted as if they had known me for years. Each on never teased me about caging to the event.

What a great time I had! Even got to watch a stator replacement, in the dark and dirt.

For those of you lie me that lurk and do not post, find a member close by and go meet them. You might just meet a new friend like I did!

Thans to all of you at Asheville and to all of you here in the forum, your help and encouragement have made my renewed intrest in motorcycling an easy "comeback".

Each of you ride easy and safely, my address and phone is posted on my profile, the door is open and the welcome mat is out.

Steve Neal

83' VR - she may be an old blonde but she still has fun!:clap2::think:

Steve,

You hit the very pulse of what this place is about. It started as a technical forum 4 odd years ago, but has grown into the largest Venture site on the web. I couldn't agree with you more, this is a family, a somewhat disfuntional one at time :whistling: but one none the less.

You have been fortunate enough to meet up with the southern crew, they are one of the most active regions and are excellent people to be around. RandyA is one of the best folks here. He is a good friend of mine and represents what this family is all about. I can say that there have only been a handful of folks that I didn't care for here. Everybody else has been super and I would have them in my house, matter of fact 2 of them are here now.

Enjoy the site and always remember to ask questions when you have them....glad to see you enjoyed your first rally :thumbsup2:

Good to see you post here, Steve! Yes that is EXACTLY what this site is about, one big happy family! I am very proud to be a member of this site and love every minute of it. There is lots of meets to come to, and nobody cares what you drive or how you spell!!

Also, it does help to have a sense of humor around here and don't let the 2nd gen's try to convert you...:stirthepot:

:rasberry:I can say that there have only been a handful of folks that I didn't care for here.

You talking about me again???

We got some GREAT people here Steve. Can learn about anything about a 1st Gen and even a 2nd if you really must.

See you next time.

Steve, you hit the nail on the head !! This is a Great Family we have here!! Just yesterday I had mentioned to Gunboat that I needed to change my clutch fluid on my `01, I received a VM on my cell that he was on his way, shoot, he even stopped at several places to find the DOT4 brake fluid, and brought a set of Speed Bleeders.. All he asked in return, was that I pass on the favore / help when another is in need. I didn`t know how to feel, what a great person !! Thanks Don, I will do my best to live up to that.

Kreg

Steve, it was great to see you at some place besides your basement or Cracker Barrel. I just hope next time you can bring your blond, wife or bike. I guess now you believe me when I say this is a great bunch of folks, not that you didn't before.

Steve made a 200 mile round trip in his van just to have supper with us.

RandyA