IGNORED

2009/10 Venture

padavidj

I heard a silly rumor that Yamaha was going to be redesigning the Royal Star Venture for next Summer as a 2010 release. The source that I heard this from also stated that they will be using a variation of the new V-Max motor bumping the displacement up to around 1900cc(dare I say Goldwing territory?!) and adding ABS (finally!). Has anyone else heard or seen anything about this?

Dave aka the 'Chubby Ape':fingers-crossed-emo

Guest Saddletramp

You'll hear a lot of SPECULATION between now and sept., but the truth will be available after the dealers meeting for 09. Anyhting heard between then and now is merely "bait in the water"!!

Today I picked up my bike from the dealer. Has a new fuel pump installed. I asked the parts manager when the 09's would be out. He said septmeber 9. I mentioned the rumors about the venture. He said he moved to Tallahassee, Florida from Wisconsin. Said he worked for a yamaha dealership in Wisconsin for 14 years and was in sales. He said he doubts there will be a venure in 09. I'm just repeating what he said but he said yamaha sold less than 1700 ventures in 2007. I asked if he meant 17,000 and he said no 1700. The dealership got 2 ventures per year and he said he always sold them as soon as they got them but yamaha doesn't seem to care about the venture. He doesn't think there will be another venture at all in the future. Time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard Yamaha is dropping the line all together, due to low sales of the Venture. I can agree with that given the first gen had a lot more bells and whistles. When I bought mine I was rather disappointed at all the Bells and whistles they left out. But I'm still glad I bought it.:Venture::big-grin-emoticon::thumbsup::clap2:

Well I'm good for 5 years with the warranty, if Yamaha does decide to drop the Venture, they have done it before. And Harley puts the liquid cooled V-rod motor in the Ultra's frame....my next one will be a Harley.

I'm right with you Brad will be Harley for me also. See you all tomorrow. :thumbsup2:

Joe

If Yamaha would get with the times I think they would sell more Ventures. Like the VMAX. That bike will never die. Muscle bike with a big price tag. To me the VMAX is like the Venture...they did not redisign it for many years...it was time to do something. I think the Venture is next. That VMAX is got to be fun to ride but for how long. Long enough to go to the store and back home before the cops get after you. They spent tons of money redesigning that bike...and it is still Mr MAX.

My dealer told me they are suppose to redesign the Venture for 09. I asked for details of the changes and he said wait till Sept 13th and it will be on the factory website. He said he was sure they got rid of the cassette deck. I could not tell somebody my new 2008 bike had a cassette player in it. He said it is suppose to compete with the Gold Wing...not sure I like that... He also said there has been a big jump in street bike sales industry wide. He went on to tell me all manufactors are down in sales but street bikes are up in all manufactors lines compaired to four wheelers, dirt bikes and side by sides due to the fuel cost increase. I am really hoping for a upgrade 09. I want a new one. I want to see the 09's and if they don't set me on fire a 07/99 or 08/99 will do. I will be willing to paint an 08/99 to get away from black cherry or the gray since they have not did a major upgrade since 1999. I rode a harley ultra classic for a day last week. Was not impressed.

It is time for a upgrade...bigger engine, fuel injection, new radio. Keep what is working and get rid of what is not. Get it into the year 2008.

I am hoping for it to look like a Stratoliner with a corbin fairing on it, with hard bags, no leather covered stuff. Smooth as glass. Keeping my fingers crossed. and hoping. You guys keep your eyes open. :fingers-crossed-emo

I am hoping for it to look like a Stratoliner with a corbin fairing on it, with hard bags, no leather covered stuff.

http://www.classybikes.com/image.php?image_id=243296

http://img448.imageshack.us/img448/1994/fxliner4hb.jpg

http://fxstein.com/blog/resserver.php?op=ViewResource&blogId=1&mode=medium&resource=fxliner.2007.calendar.jpg

I could live with that. I've liked the Stratoliner since they released it. I do like the liquid cooled engine though.

http://www.classybikes.com/image.php?image_id=243296

http://img448.imageshack.us/img448/1994/fxliner4hb.jpg

http://fxstein.com/blog/resserver.php?op=ViewResource&blogId=1&mode=medium&resource=fxliner.2007.calendar.jpg

But, keep it looking like a motorcycle...not a goldwing....

When they only sell 1700 units that look like a Harley, don't ecpect them to continue down that road. Big Gold Wing like cruisers are still selling, and they sold a ton of Wing knock-offs with the first generations. I'd speculate that they're seriously..if not already.. designing something that will go after the GW market like they did with the 1stGens. They have the motor with the new V-Max, it doesn't make sense to not look at another line of bikes to dilute the R&D costs over a broader base. IMHO.......... It's still gonna be fun speculating... :)

and where did you dig up that 1700 number? I've tried for YEARS to find out how many Venture and/or Royal Star Ventures have been sold and have never found an answer. Yamaha is very closed lipped about it.

Yep, loose lips sink ships.....

Just repeating the numbers quoted from a previous post. I have no reason to not believe him. Especially since dealers aren't stocking them in any great number, and one of the big *****es on this board is locating a dealer that even has one on the floor for sale. You need to read all the previous posts..... To make it easy here's a copy of the text.

Today I picked up my bike from the dealer. Has a new fuel pump installed. I asked the parts manager when the 09's would be out. He said septmeber 9. I mentioned the rumors about the venture. He said he moved to Tallahassee, Florida from Wisconsin. Said he worked for a yamaha dealership in Wisconsin for 14 years and was in sales. He said he doubts there will be a venure in 09. I'm just repeating what he said but he said yamaha sold less than 1700 ventures in 2007. I asked if he meant 17,000 and he said no 1700. The dealership got 2 ventures per year and he said he always sold them as soon as they got them but yamaha doesn't seem to care about the venture. He doesn't think there will be another venture at all in the future. Time will tell.