IGNORED

Passing Lights

GlennTuc

Will passing lights from a Harley Davidson fit on a 2nd Gen Venture? If not, where's the best place to get passing lights? I've checked South Seattle Yamaha Sports Plex and the don't have them on their web site.

Thanx,

Glenn

As long as we are on the passing light subject. Anyone know where I can get the ring that holds the light in the passing light bucket? After my little, ahem, "misshap" I have a crack in my left passing light ring. Harley sells a set of rings for $21.00 that might fit and JCW has a passing light for $25.00 that might fit. But before I throw down money it would be nice to know the items would fit.

Guest tx2sturgis

I get some compliments on these Kuryakyn Silver Bullets, and the look isnt trying to 'copy' anything else.

I get some compliments on these Kuryakyn Silver Bullets, and the look isnt trying to 'copy' anything else.

The only reason I have H/D lights on my bike is because the French rings wont fit on anything else. I like that look and thats why I have H/D lights on my bike and not factory Yamaha.

Guest tx2sturgis

The only reason I have H/D lights on my bike is because the French rings wont fit on anything else. I like that look and thats why I have H/D lights on my bike and not factory Yamaha.

Cool. Its all about expression, and individuality, or not. Thats what makes it fun.

Since I already have an HD, I wanted this bike to look a bit different, not a copy of what I already have. It fullfills the same basic functions as my Ultra, but does it in an entirely different way. No offense was intended.

I used some HD lights on mine. I liked them because they didn't have the on/off switch on the side of one light. I did have to grind some tack welds to remove the mounting bolts from them and use Y's hardware to mount them on Y's bar. Other than that, they are identical to Y's passing lamp housings.

Cool. Its all about expression, and individuality, or not. Thats what makes it fun.

Since I already have an HD, I wanted this bike to look a bit different, not a copy of what I already have. It fullfills the same basic functions as my Ultra, but does it in an entirely different way. No offense was intended.

Brian,

Totally my bad man, I know better than to come onto the site all hyper at work. I dont take any offence to it and apologise for coming on that strong. I'm usually all about water off a ducks back, but I do agree that it's all about making it your own and being different than everyone else. Anyone that knows me, knows that I am all about being different :whistling:

I recommend the Yamaha Light bar but not the Royal star Venture Lamps... The RSV lamps are sealed beam units and do not give off much light compared with the Halogen H-3 type lamps IMHO... The V-Star or Road Star or Stratoliner Lamps will work... I tried the Strat Lamps and switched to the Tri-Bar lights which are like the V-Star lamps.

All that being said the H-3s do burn more juice unless you can find H-3 35W bulbs most are 55W and the Sealed Beam Lamps are 30W..

Is this what you're loking for? :confused24: http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/pages/catalogs/detail/26/207/407/3657/1/0/0/1/4/90/69/331/passing-lamps.aspx

Hope this helps, it has been saved on my bookmarks page since I bought mine.:080402gudl_prv:

Big Mike:15_8_211[1]:

That's the lightbar you want... NOT the passing lamps... IMO those "sealed beam" passing lamps are like duct taping a couple of flashlights on your forks...