IGNORED

Tomorrow the ultimate epic motorcycle adventure journey begins

Dragonslayer

I've been wanting to do this trip for the past five years. But, every year when the time came I didn't have all my ducks in a row so I couldn't go. Who ever made up the "ducks in a row" rule was really starting to get my goat. I even started believing that getting ducks in a row was an excercise in futility . I just knew it was an impossible task to complete. Like stacking BBs, Programing the VCR, getting the C clip out of the end of the clutch master cylinder, logging more miles ridden or states visited than Wildhair39, understanding what really goes on in the mind of a woman, perpetual motion, staying ahead of the current technology cutting edge.

But before I could carve it in stone that it just simply couldn't be done those ding dang ducks marched right up and stood in a row. My real estate projects all got finished sold and closed, all my promises and commitments got satisfied, the scoot is ready after spending the last two weeks tearing her apart and putting her back together.....AGAIN, the trailer is packed, time, money and inclination, check, check, check. I guess those silly ducks just wanted to humble me further by proving me wrong,,,,,AGAIN. So the only thing I can do now is humbly get on the scoot and head out for Sturgis. Which is exactly what I'll be doing before sunrise menyanna. :7_6_3[1]: STURGIS, SOUTH DAKOTA 2008 OR BUST

Guest JGorom

Well...here's hoping you don't fly into a gaggle of geese or those damm ducks on your way to Sturgis...but if you do, just pull over and cook up the duck liver...tastes great!

Have a great trip...and stay upright always!

Though you probably won't get this until you end your day riding, enjoy every mile.there are alot of us that wish we were riding with you. I hope you've got the members list so you can contact any of us along the way. Look in your mirros sometime and you see our spirits all biking along behind you. Remeber a Venture Rider never rides alone! Phil.

Guest tx2sturgis

Dang. Your thread title is better than mine....but have a safe trip anyway!!

Were arriving in Sturgis sometime Monday afternoon.

Been there! Bought the T shirt (last weekend).

Have a great and safe trip.

Bring lots of money, becaue the hotels go up 300% from normal at least that is what I was told.

One hotel owner wondered if there was a boycot because reservations were down from previous years. I saw plenty of bikes heading that way so I am not sure that is true.

Ride safe

Steve

Though you probably won't get this until you end your day riding, enjoy every mile.there are alot of us that wish we were riding with you. I hope you've got the members list so you can contact any of us along the way. Look in your mirros sometime and you see our spirits all biking along behind you. Remeber a Venture Rider never rides alone! Phil.

I just got goose bumps reading your sentiment. Well put. Ever since I became involved in this group I have never felt alone wheather dealing with technical issues of my antique high tech VR, the comraderie of riding buddies on the meet and eats and the felowship and friendly chatter of the threads. I truly feel that this Venture Rider never rides alone. Thanks to all of the great people in this group. I would love to catch up with as many of you as possible on this trip.

To that end, he is my itinary so far.

Today I'm in Johnson City, TN it's raining so I'm going shopping for a GPS. Spend the night here in the Best Western.

Tomorrow morning I'll be hooking up with my Harley Travel companions in Nashville, TN around noon. Then we'll be heading to Sturgis via.... St Louis, Mo to Kansas City then to Omaha, NE

At Omaha we'll get off interstate and cross Nebraska on back Roads to Rapid City to Sturgis

We have reservations at Wyatt's Hideway Campground north of Sturgis 20 minutes away.

My Cell phone number is 404 694-1469. Any one able and interested in hooking up and riding :7_6_3[1]:Please call.

Been there! Bought the T shirt (last weekend).

Have a great and safe trip.

Bring lots of money, becaue the hotels go up 300% from normal at least that is what I was told.

One hotel owner wondered if there was a boycot because reservations were down from previous years. I saw plenty of bikes heading that way so I am not sure that is true.

Ride safe

Steve

We have reservations 20 minutes north of Sturgis for $15.00 per person per night at Wyatt's Hideway Campground.

Dang. Your thread title is better than mine....but have a safe trip anyway!!

Were arriving in Sturgis sometime Monday afternoon.

We expect to be getting there Sunday night. Give me a call and let's try to hook up. My cell phone is 404 694-1469