IGNORED

Got my dander up.......

Iowawegian

Well, frustration has set in and I'm going to blow a fuse. Hit the deer about a month ago...took it to the dealer....$5,100 in damages later (thought it would be just a new fender and tire) they've got the bike tore down. Perfect, we have to go to New Orleans for a few days, it will be just like new when we get home.

Not gonna happen....after talking the hubby into calling after we get back, because we haven't heard anything...he finds out that they haven't ordered parts because he had to sign off on insurance..ok, so he gets that done. Now it's going to be 4-5 days to get the parts in, then another 2 days to put it back together, Fine, should be ready last week. No phone call, no update, so get hubby to call shop guy back to get an update (cuz he's not gonna want to hear from me)and not all the parts are in yet, for sure it will be ready by next Wed (today) but he'll keep us informed. Yeah right...Nicely ask the hubby to call at noon to see if we can pick the bike up tonight and guess what....they've put a few parts on, but all the rest just came in this morning (imagine that) and the shop guy will start working on it as soon as he's done with the bike he's on. Will be done by Friday night. 3 weeks.

Thankful we made it through the accident.

Thankful we've got insurance.

Thankful for my healthy family, but man alive, it's such a short riding season and my butt doesn't fit the backseat of my Virago very well.

Well, I've crabbed enough so thanks for letting me vent. Nobody around here would understand! I wish I had my husband's patience, but no such luck. :bang head:

I had a very similar experience and all i took my bike in for was a lousy set of fork seals. Even thoug I ordered my parts a week ahead.( The day I made my appointmnet) The service guy ordered the wrong parts or not all of what he needed. Then the day it was supposed to be ready he calls me when i'm 15 minutes away in the car on the way to the shop to say its still not done yet. The general manager promises they'll deliver it the next day because its already two weeks. When its delivered the right seal pops out and pours its guts into the trailer, so back to the shop it goes. Wait another week and finally its done. The only consilation is the parts and labor were free at that point. But i won't be going back for anything REALLY important.

Guest tx2sturgis
Well, frustration has set in and I'm going to blow a fuse. Hit the deer about a month ago...took it to the dealer....$5,100 in damages later (thought it would be just a new fender and tire) they've got the bike tore down. Perfect, we have to go to New Orleans for a few days, it will be just like new when we get home.

Not gonna happen....after talking the hubby into calling after we get back, because we haven't heard anything...he finds out that they haven't ordered parts because he had to sign off on insurance..ok, so he gets that done. Now it's going to be 4-5 days to get the parts in, then another 2 days to put it back together, Fine, should be ready last week. No phone call, no update, so get hubby to call shop guy back to get an update (cuz he's not gonna want to hear from me)and not all the parts are in yet, for sure it will be ready by next Wed (today) but he'll keep us informed. Yeah right...Nicely ask the hubby to call at noon to see if we can pick the bike up tonight and guess what....they've put a few parts on, but all the rest just came in this morning (imagine that) and the shop guy will start working on it as soon as he's done with the bike he's on. Will be done by Friday night. 3 weeks.

Thankful we made it through the accident.

Thankful we've got insurance.

Thankful for my healthy family, but man alive, it's such a short riding season and my butt doesn't fit the backseat of my Virago very well.

Well, I've crabbed enough so thanks for letting me vent. Nobody around here would understand! I wish I had my husband's patience, but no such luck. :bang head:

Check with your insurance and see if you can get 'loss of use' coverage. It wont make up for the loss of riding, but if you get some green, it helps smooth over the impatience. It helps to tell them this is not a weekend toy, but a daily driver. THAT they understand. If you wreck your car, they will pay for a rental normally. So...ask and see what happens. Be persistent.

Well, I guess all you've got to do around here to get back in a good mood is start reading old posts. I was feeling sorry for myself and decided I needed a new toy for when we finally get the bike back. I need a can cooler holder thing a ma jig to go on my hand rail grips that won't get in the way of the side bag,when I open it up, so I did a search. That's when I came across this .....When I put the bike up for the Winter I then fire up the jacuzzi/hot tub for the Winter. Sitting and having hot water shooting up yer butt is not the same as a good ride.....but the Jim Beam helps.:whistling:

Someone had posted it back in April. I laughed so hard I had to run to the ...!! No luck on the finding a holder, but at least I'm back in a good mood!

I had a similar experience when I was trying to get my laptop fixed.

The guy told me that he would let me know what was wrong in a couple of days. Well, after a week I swung in to see what was up. He said it needed a part and he had to order it. Fine, I figured so I waited again. Another week passed and I checked again. He said that I needed to pay in advance for the part before he could order it. Now why didn't he say that in the first place!

Well this went on and on and the dang computer never got repaired. I just gave up and bought a new one.

I'm headed home to wallow in my sorrows. I'm pickin up a six pack of ice cold ones and sittin' on the front porch to sulk. Won't take much as 1 cool one and my knees start to go numb. Hubby's trying to butter me up (gotta give him credit, as he knows how upset I am)....he just called and bought a dozen ears of sweetcorn! It's the first night it's available around here since last year and there's nothing better in the summer than BLT's and sweet corn!

Well, I guess all you've got to do around here to get back in a good mood is start reading old posts. I was feeling sorry for myself and decided I needed a new toy for when we finally get the bike back. I need a can cooler holder thing a ma jig to go on my hand rail grips that won't get in the way of the side bag,when I open it up, so I did a search. That's when I came across this .....When I put the bike up for the Winter I then fire up the jacuzzi/hot tub for the Winter. Sitting and having hot water shooting up yer butt is not the same as a good ride.....but the Jim Beam helps.:whistling:

Someone had posted it back in April. I laughed so hard I had to run to the ...!! No luck on the finding a holder, but at least I'm back in a good mood!

ROFL! I'm the one who posted that.....and believe me that jacuzzi/hot tub/Jim Beam gets me through the long Winter's up here. :dancefool:

Regards.......Boomer

What's that old saying... something about 98% of the things that happen we have no direct control over....

I've learned from numerous such experiences that ...

a) getting all wound up about it only makes MY life miserable... nobody else's

b) all things happen for reasons... trust life and don't sweat over the little things.

(just thought I'd share this with ya...)

Hey Frank Zappa wrote a song about that dealer... Maybe a song will cheer you up

http://www.imeem.com/people/bzQ0a4d/music/OzJLMPuQ/frank_zappa_flakes/

Here's the words if you wanna sing along..

Flakes! Flakes!

Flakes! Flakes!

They don't do no good

They never be workin'

When they oughta should

They waste your time

They're wastin' mine

California's got the most of them

Boy, they got a host of them

Swear t'God they got the most

At every business on the coast

They got the Flakes

Flakes! Flakes!

They can't fix yer brakes

You ask 'em,

"Where's my

motor?"

"Well, it was eaten

by snakes..."

You can stab 'n' shoot 'n' spit

But they won't be fixin' it

They're lyin' an' lazy

They can be drivin' you crazy

Take it away, Bob...

I asked as nice as I could

If my job would

Somehow be finished by Friday

Well, them whole damn weekend

came 'n' went, Frankie

[ Find more Lyrics at www.mp3lyrics.org/VGQ ]

Wanna buy some mandies, Bob?

'N' they didn't do nothin'

But they charged me double for Sunday

You know, no matter what you do,

They gonna cheat 'n' rob you

Then they'll send you a bill

That'll get your senses reelin'

And if you do not pay

They got computer collectors

That'll get you so crazy

'Til your head'll go through th' ceilin'

Yes it will!

I'm a moron, 'n' this is my wife

She's frosting a cake

With a paper knife

All what we got here's

American made

It's a little bit cheesey,

But it's nicely displayed

Well we don't get excited when it

Crumbles 'n' breaks

We just get on the phone

And call up some Flakes

They rush on over

'N' wreck it some more

'N' we are so dumb

They're linin' up at our door

Well, the toilet went crazy

Yersterday afternoon

The plumber he says

Never flush a tampoon!

This great information

Cost me half a week's pay

And the toilet blew up

Later on the next day-ay-eee-ay

Blew up the next day

WOO-OOO

We are millions 'n' millions,

We're coming to get you

We're protected by unions

So don't let it upset you

Can't escape the conclusion

It's probably God's Will

That civilization

Will grind to a standstill

And we are the people

Who will make it all happen

While yer children is sleepin',

Yer puppy is crappin'

You might call us Flakes

Or something else you might coin us

But we know you're so greedy

That you'll probably join us

We're coming to get you,

we're coming to get you

We're coming to get you,

we're coming to get you

We're coming to get you,

we're coming to get you

We're coming to get you, we're

coming to get you...

Hey Boomer,

Help me out. What does ROFL stand for?

SilverT: You sound just like my husband! I usually don't sweat the small stuff...but that Venture comes in a close second behind my kids. I want my baby back!

Thanks to everyone for trying to ease my pain....I'm done sulking but come Friday...

Well, it's Friday and guess what. No bike. Now when the hubby calls up...the parts that came in this morning (we were told on Wed that the parts had just come in that morning") there is one piece that's bent and can't put the forks back on till they get a new one. 2 days shipping so the soonest they will get the part is Tues. But once again he'll "keep us informed"

My nerve endings are tingling. The steam is coming out of my ears, and my eyeballs are bulging...........I can not believe this! :bang head::soapbox:

Had a trip planned for this weekend. Guess that's not gonna happen ...again.

Sounds like you need to learn how to wrench and forget about these stealers. It ain't that hard, and if it takes the dealer 3 weeks to screw it up, with all the help on here, we can screw it up a LOT faster!!

Dan

you should of had hubby go talk to the general manager and instead of ordering the parts call around to other dealers in the area and buy from them. Thats what I did! After the seal popped out in the trailer it was damaged .I called and found another dealer with the part and demanded they buy it from him and put it on . They did!

Hey Boomer,

Help me out. What does ROFL stand for?

SilverT: You sound just like my husband! I usually don't sweat the small stuff...but that Venture comes in a close second behind my kids. I want my baby back!

Thanks to everyone for trying to ease my pain....I'm done sulking but come Friday...

Do you mean Chili's Ribs?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rtwg_6ddvYw]YouTube - I want my baby back ribs[/ame]

:missingtooth: