IGNORED

Who's replaced a Stator?

MAINEAC

I don't know if there is a norm. My last bike an 89 was replaced somewhere around 29K.

I think the 86 went to around 50 to 60k. My 84 had 90 some K and was never replaced unless it was replaced before I bought it at 6K.

My 01 has 63K on it and not been replaced.

I don't know what really causes them to go and I have never been a big light kind of guy either so it ain't like they get overloaded.

Just one of those mysteries of life I guess.

Jerry

Actually I had already downloaded and printed it before I saw your post... I wanted to make sure the stator was gone before I bought one.. I did some research beforehand... thanks for the post though... The Ohm test was a little iffy... it was the same w to w and w to ground... I got 36 Volts out of 2 w to w and only 8 out of the other... that was wide open...

I haven't heard of any mileage setpoint for Stator replacement, like mention is how the electrical system is used or abused would probably be the best judge of that. It's not a huge PITA, but it is time consuming. I would opt for mthe upgraded stator that Buckeye Performance is selling, DO NOT DEAL WITH ELECTROSPORT! they are lousy in every aspect of their business.

Squid, Electrosport doesn't show a stator for a RSV only a regulator.

Please excuse my outburst there Maineac, last spring I went through LOTS of aggrivation with them. I sent them the stator out of my '99 so they could test the stock stator out and see about upgrading one for the RSV. I had nothing but problems with them and they installed it back in the cover wrong. Wouldn't return phone calls or anything, very sore spot for me with that company and I always let folks know about not using them

:soapbox: OK off rant :whistling:

Mine went bad at about 65,000. Mine was overcharging and causing the audio system to act up.

James, you said in your orig. post that the dealer had several other bikes with the radio acting up and he was going to see if it was the stator. Did you ever check to see if that was the case? My radio is still acting up but haven't had a chance to bring it in yet.