IGNORED

Southwest Moto Tires

Two Tone White

I have always had good luck with the guys down there but I never had to contact them about anything either.

On another note I know you guys, even Don has done this before but if you have to threaten them with 5000 members to get them to do the right thing I don't want nothing to do with them even if their price is good.

Like Goose at the very least I would be very careful dealing with them.

Jerry

I dont want to give anybody the wrong impression, please dont think my statement is a threat. Sometimes if you sugar coat something it's easier for anyone to come back in a better tone than a pissin contest. It's very possible that he is having problems in his business, or that this is a 2nd business for him. Sometimes you have to remind folks that their actions and tones have reprocussions especially with organizations like ours that have a few thousand members.

I would really like for Blaine to get ahold of TTWhite and just say "hey we have been swamped and my dog died" than what has and is transpiring. I just want to be able to send folks here on this site to a reputable merchant, if they aren't then we dont need to promote their businesses here :no-no-no:

Interesting thread. I recently went shopping for tires and chose not to order from Southwest Moto. The website offers no way to check stock. And, if you read the fine print they discourage non-local people from calling via phone. They flat out state that you can only contact them via e-mail. They also do not offer a full line service on all the manufacturers. I had decided on Continental tires for my 1986 Venture and they don't even offer the Conti-Tour line at all! I understand many of you have had good luck with them in the past. I think a better web site and communications might help. I went to Dennis Kirk and ordered my tires. Got a stocking confirmation in a few hours, and a shipping confirmation in about a half day. Tires hit the door right on time and in good shape. One tire was showing 2 years old by the date so I called them to inquire about warranty and suitability. I was treated with respect and asked if I wanted to return the tire and get a different one. I also got a call from the tech service department a few hours later on the same subject. I don't think 2 years is a problem on a tire. It has no evidence of bad storage, no cracks, and no disfigurements. However, if I find a problem upon mounting or when riding this summer, I am on record with Dennis Kirk with the question and they assured me that referencing the order number would result in a no questions asked full refund.

JB

Edited by lonestarmedic
Spelling

I can't say for positive, but I HAVE seen some tires on the SWMT web site shown with red "out of stock" label. This implies that all other tires are in stock, either on their premises or at the supplier. When I sent email inquiring about future availability date on one marked as out of stock, I got an immediate reply that it would be at least 6 weeks, so if I needed it sooner, I would need to order elsewhere. This is the kind of up-front honesty I appreciate.

Goose

I've kept you folks out of a series of e-mails to/from SW Moto all weekend. I've tried to be nice about it, but from the latest e-mail it's clear to me that this guy Blaine is an ass. The e-mail correspondence from his is very unprofessional to a paying customer. I've never seen anything like it. Never. I can't tell you all what to do but I would certainly never use them again, best price or not, and I would encourage anyone who cares about customer service to follow. I won't share all the dirty laundry but the e-mail has been surreal.

Guest DragonSlayer

TTW, I'd almost bet that your tires will arrive Monday. Only 3 business days have passed since you ordered them. SWMoto is pretty much a one man operation and I'm sure this is his busiest time of the year. This is probably why he doesn't like to be bothered with phone calls. He wouldn't get anything done if he had to stay on the phone all day. I've used SW many times for tires and have never had a problem always got my tires within 3 or 4 days usually just 3. Most of the time the tires are shipped directly from a regional distribution center instead of from Arizona. Shipping from a distribution center normally allows for faster delivery times. Maybe the nearest center was out and they had to be shipped from farther away in your case. This method of shipping probably also accounts for the lack of a tracking number. Not saying a tracking number couldn't be provided but it would probably require more technology than they have available to them. Obviously they have a low tech website compared to many other online businesses and it does sound like he could develop better communication skills. It is a low budget high volume operation but it does offer some of the best pricing you can find. You might find a cheaper price on some of the tires every now and then but SW will usually consistantly have the better price. In my experience SW has also provided excellent service and I would not hesitate to order from them again. Maybe a little more patience on both sides could have avoided a lot of hard feelings. I'm sure most people don't realise how small of an operation SW is and how busy it gets this time of year. It may be hard for you to do after what you've been through, but I'd cut the guy some slack. I imagine he's pulling his hair out right now trying to keep up with orders but come winter time he'll be like the Maytag repairman.

Guest cabinfever
What happened with your order?

I placed an order with them on July 16th and other than the order confirmation I have not received any additional information, such as a shipping confirmation. I'm starting to wonder what the status is. I guess I'll be calling soon.

I sent an email to them Saturday and received a response from Blaine about 6 hours later. As mentioned here before, the tone of the email I received was not a positive tone and he directed me to their shipping policy. I did however receive my tires today. Pretty quick for ground shipping from AZ to MN.

• 2 weeks later...

We've ordered from Southwest Moto Tires before with no problems, and did again this past Sunday evening. Needed a new Avon for the front, ordered it on Sunday evening, and it was at the front door by noon on Tuesday. Not sure what happened to you, but we still received great service from our order.