IGNORED

Ride Like a Pro IV DVD for FREE!!!!!!!

KiteSquid

There is three copies of Ride Like a Pro (RLAP) IV or V DVD's that are free for anybody who wants it. FREE, but they have to agree NOT to copy it, and to pass it along for FREE to the next person after a short viewing sesson.... maybe two weekes???? The sender pays the postage, NOT the recipient, so no money changes hands, this I think will keep it all leagal!!

To request to be put on this list, please post to this thread and you will be put on in order posted on my next vist to the thread. There is no need to PM me as you will only be put on the list if you post to this thread...

Once you reach the top of the list, you wll have to PM the person who has a copy your name and mailing address, but dont put it in this thread!!!!!

This thread is staying busy!!!! I hope I did not miss anybody!!!! If I did miss you, please remind me to put you in the proper place in line and I apologize if I missed anybody.

Also, if you want on the list, please post to the thread instead of PMing me.

People who originally, freely gave away their copy of RLAP IV or V

KiteSquid ;) Hey, thats me.....

Friesman1 :sun:

jburrell :sun:

People who currently have a copy AND who they need to send it to: (You should PM each other to get the address to send it to...) ALSO, please post to this thread when you send it or receive it!!!!!

Foxman send to jkt69

Feets send to Pilot

Spankym send to r12guy

International copy: Currently touring the US...

Canada

Australia

Annie in Rockingham, Perth

United States

Jburrell (Would like to see RLAP IV as he has viewed RLAP V)

skydoc_17

Pilot

Scooter

uthpda

camotor1

painterman67

Smith

Iowawegian

Bubber

Roadhand

Naked Rider (changed forum name from 1_2_ride_RSV)

krome rose

BurgyMon

timgray

wtho

VegasVic

spankym

mastermechanic

CMIK

MikeC

Kbay

jhw47

Shep in Phoenix AZ

PB&J in Waterloo NY

spgarner in Las Vegas NV

HIGHWAY PILOT in Miami FL

Reed somewhere in ND

indianriverjack in Belpre OH

1sttenor in Jeff City MO

Condor in Carmichael Ca

edsfidc in Chesapeake VA

fixit3546 in Mechanicsburg (Bentonia) MS

RandyR in Dahlonega GA

highwayrydr in Orono ME

WaltH in Rockledge FL

PLEASE Remember to please post something you learned from the video.

I have a question for those of you who have viewed it: Did you go buy your own copy of RLAP V? Don't forget to ask for your VentureRider forum discount.

And again, I am not connected with RLAP, I just want my fellow bikers to have a long and healthy life on two wheels and anyway that we all can learn to ride safely is a good thing!!!!!!

BTW, if you are tired of waiting, or would like to purchase your own copy please click HERE to order and be sure to ask for your Venture Rider Forum member discount. IIRC it saves you $5. BTW this DVD is worth every penny!!!!!!!

Edited by KiteSquid

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK but please post what you learned!!!!!!

Well, I came away with much. I am glad I took the physical class, because having a live coach there diagnosing what I was doing wrong, and encouraging me, was invaluable. Too, practicing with three or four other bikes kept the energy up. That's my plug for the class. :)

As far as the material itself, I learned that keeping the RPMs going in the engine was key. Most of the times that I failed was due to coasting and letting the bike's momentum drop. Then the bike would dive into the turn and that was it. When I kept up the RPMs, all I had to do was let out the clutch 1/16" and the bike would come back up and I could regain control. It was a miracle! LOL

I also learned that I needed to be less afraid of "violent" lock-to-lock maneuvers. To accomplish the weave, for example, I had to lock the bars far left, then throw them far right. That was even more true in the Figure 8. Pktexas took the class with me. He had risers on his Venture that reduced the lock-to-lock travel, making his turning radius that much bigger, and he had a harder time doing the maneuvers as a result.

Oh, and I learned that using tennis balls as markers is fine, but when you used curb-height cones on top, the failure rate went way up. :(

With this basic technique the teach, I know I can do U-turns in 22'. I'll keep practicing so that I can reduce that further.

Dave

Oh, and I learned that using tennis balls as markers is fine, but when you used curb-height cones on top, the failure rate went way up. :(

Was that because your saddle bags would clear the tennis ball halves on the inside of the corner but the cones were too tall to clear, or that your fender was hitting the cones on the outside of the corner

With this basic technique the teach, I know I can do U-turns in 2'. I'll keep practicing so that I can reduce that further.

Good idea to try to make it tighter, as my owners manual on page 9-1 says:

Minimum turning radius:

3500 mm (137.8 in)

That is just under 11 feet 6 inches......... now THERE is a U-Turn!!!!!!!!

BTW I am not under 15 feet myself.... yet.... but with posts like yours, I will be motivated to work on it!!!!

THANKS for your comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by KiteSquid

I just wanted to put my 2 cents in about Ride Like A Pro videos. When I bought my first gen last year I went to get my Motorcycle endorsement on my license and BOMBED the riding test embarassingly on my first try.

I had let my old endorsement lapse when I sold my last bike and in the 20 year interim, the test changed drastically. I questioned if I had made a mistake in buying a big bike. Then a friend I work with loaned me his copy of Ride Like A Pro IV. I watched the video start to finish and then hit Walmart for a couple of cans of tennis balls to cut in half to make my own practice cones. I practiced an hour a day 3 days a week for the next 2 weeks, reviewing parts of the DVD each time before going out and practicing on the bike.

When I went back to re-test, the examiner asked if I was sure I wanted to try the test on a big cruiser, something I thought laughable. If I couldn't pass the test on the bike I was going to ride on the road what business did I even have being on the road? Its like asking someone testing for their CDL if they wouldn't be more comfortable driving a Pinto.

Anyway, I took the test and passed EVERY section with flying colors...to the point where the examiner actually used the word, "Wow!" As I was stowing my gear before heading into the office to have my picture taken for my license 3 people who had been observing the tests came over to ask how I had learned to ride like that. I told them how I had bombed the first test and used the Ride Like A Pro dvd.

Im a huge believer in it. Get on this list or if you cant wait, and need to pass a test to get out on the road for the summer, its worth buying a copy.

george0fthejungle

Was that because your saddle bags would clear the tennis ball halves on the inside of the corner but the cones were too tall to clear, or that your fender was hitting the cones on the outside of the corner

The rear wheel of the bike trails the inside of the front wheel track on curves. It's just the geometry. So, the front wheel could clear the cone, and the rear tire could clear the tennis ball, but it would shave a cone. In other words, you have to clear the cone by a foot or so before your rear tire could clear the cone.

Good idea to try to make it tighter, as my owners manual on page 9-1 says:

That is just under 11 feet 6 inches......... now THERE is a U-Turn!!!!!!!!

BTW I am not under 15 feet myself.... yet.... but with posts like yours, I will be motivated to work on it!!!!

That's really interesting. The motorman of our class says the minimum u-turn of a H-D police bike (Road King) is 18'. He is the instructor for the police course, and he was inspiring to watch. We did a maneuver inside a circle painted at 24', with another concentric circle at 20'. He could get it at maybe 19', with some at 18'. It looked impossibly tight. Believe me, his handlebars were locked.

Kudos to you for getting inside that 18' circle. I'd love to work on that and show up during the practice hour and demonstrate a 15' circle. I mentioned in my thread about the class that our official class ended around noon. From noon to 1PM, they keep the course up and current and former students can practice. I live 10 minutes from the class, so I plan to go back and wow the instructors. :happy34:

Anyway, I took the test and passed EVERY section with flying colors...to the point where the examiner actually used the word, "Wow!" As I was stowing my gear before heading into the office to have my picture taken for my license 3 people who had been observing the tests came over to ask how I had learned to ride like that. I told them how I had bombed the first test and used the Ride Like A Pro dvd.

Im a huge believer in it. Get on this list or if you cant wait, and need to pass a test to get out on the road for the summer, its worth buying a copy.

george0fthejungle

You, sir, are inspiring.

Dave

george0fthejungle,

GREAT words!!!!!!!!

BTW I plan on taking the MSF experacned riders course again, and will do it with MrsSquid on the bike as I do about 50% of my riding with her on the bike.

[snip]...its worth buying a copy.

I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is three copies of Ride Like a Pro (RLAP) IV or V DVD's that are free for anybody who wants it. FREE, but they have to agree NOT to copy it, and to pass it along for FREE to the next person after a short viewing sesson.... maybe two weekes???? The sender pays the postage, NOT the recipient, so no money changes hands, this I think will keep it all leagal!!

To request to be put on this list, please post to this thread and you will be put on in order posted on my next vist to the thread. There is no need to PM me as you will only be put on the list if you post to this thread...

Once you reach the top of the list, you wll have to PM the person who has a copy your name and mailing address, but dont put it in this thread!!!!!

This thread is staying busy!!!! I hope I did not miss anybody!!!! If I did miss you, please remind me to put you in the proper place in line and I apologize if I missed anybody.

People who currently have a copy AND who they need to send it to: (You should PM each other to get the address to send it to...) ALSO, please post to this thread when you send it or receive it!!!!!

Foxman send to jkt69

Feets send to Pilot

r12guy send to Annie in Rockingham, Perth Austrailia

Canada

Australia

United States

skydoc_17

Pilot

Scooter

uthpda

camotor1

painterman67

Smith

Iowawegian

Bubber

Roadhand

krome rose

BurgyMon

timgray

wtho

VegasVic

mastermechanic

CMIK

MikeC

Kbay

jhw47

Shep in Phoenix AZ

PB&J in Waterloo NY

spgarner in Las Vegas NV

Reed somewhere in ND

1sttenor in Jeff City MO

Condor in Carmichael Ca

edsfidc in Chesapeake VA

RandyR in Dahlonega GA

highwayrydr in Orono ME

WaltH in Rockledge FL

I have a question for those of you who have viewed it: Did you go buy your own copy of RLAP V? Don't forget to ask for your VentureRider forum discount.

And again, I am not connected with RLAP, I just want my fellow bikers to have a long and healthy life on two wheels and anyway that we all can learn to ride safely is a good thing!!!!!!

BTW, if you are tired of waiting, or would like to purchase your own copy please click HERE to order and be sure to ask for your Venture Rider Forum member discount. IIRC it saves you $5. BTW this DVD is worth every penny!!!!!!!

You will probably have the clutch wear out quicker, but IMHO, it is worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The good thing about having a wet clutch bike that shares the engine oil is the clutch will stay cooler than a dry clutch (like most cars with a manual transmission) or a wet clutch that has a separate oiling system (Like most H-D's)

The down side is the worn off friction material gets dumped into the oil, so that is why I use a high efficiency oil filter (e.g.: PureOne from Purolator or EAO from Amsoil) and change it every 4,000 miles.

Foxman send to jkt69

Feets send to Pilot

Canada

Australia

United States

skydoc_17

Pilot

Scooter

uthpda

camotor1

painterman67

Smith

Iowawegian

Bubber

Roadhand

krome rose

BurgyMon

timgray

wtho

VegasVic

mastermechanic

CMIK

MikeC

Kbay

jhw47

Shep in Phoenix AZ

PB&J in Waterloo NY

spgarner in Las Vegas NV

Reed somewhere in ND

1sttenor in Jeff City MO

Condor in Carmichael Ca

edsfidc in Chesapeake VA

RandyR in Dahlonega GA

highwayrydr in Orono ME

Foxman send to jkt69

Feets send to Pilot

Canada

Australia

United States

skydoc_17

Pilot

Scooter

uthpda

camotor1

painterman67

Smith

Iowawegian

Bubber

Roadhand

krome rose

BurgyMon

timgray

wtho

VegasVic

mastermechanic

CMIK

MikeC

Kbay

jhw47

Shep in Phoenix AZ

PB&J in Waterloo NY

spgarner in Las Vegas NV

Reed somewhere in ND

1sttenor in Jeff City MO

Condor in Carmichael Ca

edsfidc in Chesapeake VA

RandyR in Dahlonega GA

highwayrydr in Orono ME

GaThumper in Cleveland GA

Hey Kite squid please take my name off the list for the DVD Ny Jerry recently purchased it and let me see his . So remove my name that may go to the next rider on the list.

The Dvd taught me about the friction point, but the eyes to the direction you're going was old knowledge refreshed . I admit I knew that but had not been practicing it like I should. Now that I'm on a bigger and heavier bike it was a good thing to relearn. I'm practicing the steps now.Good luck to all.

Foxman send to jkt69

Feets send to Pilot

Canada

Australia

United States

skydoc_17

Pilot

Scooter

uthpda

camotor1

painterman67

Smith

Iowawegian

Bubber

Roadhand

krome rose

BurgyMon

timgray

wtho

VegasVic

mastermechanic

CMIK

MikeC

Kbay

jhw47

Shep in Phoenix AZ

spgarner in Las Vegas NV

Reed somewhere in ND

1sttenor in Jeff City MO

Condor in Carmichael Ca

edsfidc in Chesapeake VA

RandyR in Dahlonega GA

highwayrydr in Orono ME

WaltH in Rockledge FL

Hey Kite squid please take my name off the list for the DVD Ny Jerry recently purchased it and let me see his . So remove my name that may go to the next rider on the list.

Done in the post above.

The Dvd taught me about the friction point, but the eyes to the direction you're going was old knowledge refreshed . I admit I knew that but had not been practicing it like I should. Now that I'm on a bigger and heavier bike it was a good thing to relearn. I'm practicing the steps now.Good luck to all.

Thanks for sharing what you leared

using the Friction Zone and remebering to Look where you want to go are VERY good things to learn!!!!!!!

Let's see, what did I learn from the DVD. Hmm, basically the most important thing from the DVD is to practice. I have been taught the same thing when I took a driving course years ago, but needed a great refresher like this. My biggest issue is doing the practicing part. If I try to get on the bike, my faithful Co-pilot wants to ride too. Don't like practicing much with a passenger till I have practice alone - funny that way. Oh well, good to see I am still doing the most important things mostly correctly.:big-grin-emoticon:

I finished watching the DVD for the 3rd time and will be mailing it out to Scooter as soon as he emails me his address.

I finished watching the DVD for the 3rd. time. I have to say that I found out why it was hard to ride when my wife was on the back. The problem always accrued while going around curves and while turning. The bike just did not seam to handle the way I thought it should. I never could figure out why it handled well with others on the bike, just when my wife was back there. She does not ride very much in fact the last time she went for a ride was over a year ago, she ‘s just not a bike person.

Well after watching the DVD it was because my wife was looking the opposite way of the turn and she was throwing the balance off. I never would have figured it out if I had not watched the DVD, now I think I will take the course if it ever gets around DE.

Thanks KiteSquid for putting this together.

Foxman send to jkt69

Pilot send to Scooter

Canada

Australia

United States

skydoc_17

uthpda

camotor1

painterman67

Smith

Iowawegian

Bubber

Roadhand

krome rose

BurgyMon

timgray

wtho

VegasVic

mastermechanic

CMIK

MikeC

Kbay

jhw47

Shep in Phoenix AZ

spgarner in Las Vegas NV

Reed somewhere in ND

1sttenor in Jeff City MO

Condor in Carmichael Ca

edsfidc in Chesapeake VA

RandyR in Dahlonega GA

highwayrydr in Orono ME

WaltH in Rockledge FL

• 1 month later...