I'm only about 40 miles on the other side of Charleston from you. UP 79.

You don't leave that pretty Blue thing sit outside with the keys in it do you??:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: What year is that?

Its actually sitting outside my office door with the key in the switch, it is a '90 model....

• 2 months later...

So What I am reading from all the previous threads is that the Kenda Kruz are great tires and the little price should not make anyone afraid of making the leap.

Maybe suspect in the rain and towing a trailer, but other than that a great tire??!!??

I have Avons now and I am VERY curious about the Kenda Kruz.

I was looking for a new set of tires for the wifes VStar 650 and the Kenda Kruz along with the Kenda Cruiser were both tires that I looked at and researched. But I finally decided on a different tire at about the same cost... The Shinko 230 Tour Master. I basically found as many first hand positive experiences on them as I have on the Kendas. No issues with wet weather driving either. Just another choice. FYI, I got the best price from http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com and the shipping was free.

• 1 year later...
My Kenda Kruz rear tire has developed cracks after about 12,000 miles I guess. This time I'm gonna gets Contis or Mich or Avons I think. Unless I get talked into the Shinkos...lol :thumbdown:

If I ever get 12k out of a rear tire it will be party time!! Or I've sold my bikes....:confused24:

Had them on my K75RT BMW, Great tire did over 13,000 miles on them out to the Cabot Trail,northern Ontario,down through the New York Mountains and many Beamer rallies.

Great tires and when the Dun:178:lops are burnt out, On they will go. :thumbsup:

becaue the Kendra I put on my XS11 was wearing like iron I put one on my 85 venture. With e girl friend on the back the bike ran greaT. But NY Jerry and I headed down the interstate me solo and over 75 mph the bike starts going into an oscilating weave that wouldn't stop until i got it below 70 . It was scaring jerry pretty bad who thought i was going to go down. We pumped it up which made it a little better but still weaving slightly. I get home put the girlfriend on back and i can take it up to 80 no problem???

I think the heavy tread and hard compounds and made for bigger heavier bikes like the bigger harleys and wings. Or better for trailering i don't know. I'm living with it but just keeping it under 80. i've let some air out and had it up over 75 before the weaving started up AGAIN. iTS GETTING BETTER. More experiments are needed.

So far been very happy with my Kenda Kruz, 2K on front, 4K on rear. Have ridden two up in rain with no problem, two up with trailer (no rain yet) without a problem. The front does seem to be more inclined to follow "tar snakes" than the ME880 I took off.

Just so we're all clear about the tires: The Kenda Challenger is not an appropriate tire for the Venture.

When I got them I was thinking I would be wearing more down the middle of the tire. But, it looks like I'm leaning it over more and harder than I expected. The bike is way more sporty then I had imagined. I meen its no cafe bike. but it does like the twisties and it will go fast in a straight line also. I guess I did get my moneys worth out of em. But they still look new except for the cracking. I would rather they wear out instead of fall apart. The front does show wear and I was hoping to make it thru the season then get two new tires. But this looks too dicie to ride around on... much. Another guy has pix up of his Kenda cracks. Mine our just starting, but look like they are doing the same type of cracking.

When I got them I was thinking I would be wearing more down the middle of the tire. But, it looks like I'm leaning it over more and harder than I expected. The bike is way more sporty then I had imagined. I meen its no cafe bike. but it does like the twisties and it will go fast in a straight line also. I guess I did get my moneys worth out of em. But they still look new except for the cracking. I would rather they wear out instead of fall apart. The front does show wear and I was hoping to make it thru the season then get two new tires. But this looks too dicie to ride around on... much. Another guy has pix up of his Kenda cracks. Mine our just starting, but look like they are doing the same type of cracking.

Yeah, I wouldn't ride that one to the mail box and back. Looks like you can expect the tread to separate. Best to replace it real quick.

I can get Venoms for $124 + $20.00 to mount em. Or E3s' for $121.00 + the mounting. This is at the local Cycle gear, They are having a sale right now. And it dont look to bad. I'm leaning to the Dunlops.... I can save $20.00 if I do the online buy and have em mount em for $30,00 a piece. But they will do the switch right then and there if I bring the rims into them. Sounds easyer and faster......

My Kenda Kruz rear tire has developed cracks after about 12,000 miles I guess. This time I'm gonna gets Contis or Mich or Avons I think. Unless I get talked into the Shinkos...lol :thumbdown:

After Metzlers, Avons(rear end weave) and Elite II's, I am loving the Elite III's from Dunlop.

RandyA

• 2 years later...

Went to Kendas today, had been running the Metzelers, decent mileage, a lot of 2 up stuff but felt I could do better, especially for the price difference. (Over $375 for the pair of 880's from and about $190 for the Kendas from Chaparral Motorsports) What an immediate difference! No hunting on uneven surfaces, tar snakes, etc., and instant response in maneuvering. They're 5-ply sidewalls too and deep tread, at least on the rear tire, so will probably have excellent wear. The one unsettling thing that I noticed though was the same thing I've seen in treads here, that being the fact that I was towing my small trailer behind me and although it tracked just fine at 60, as soon as I hit 65 started moving back and forth a good 2 inches, something it's never done before, even at 75 on the interstates. The trailer was empty so maybe that had something to do with it? I'll have to be also experimenting with tire pressures, maybe on the bike and trailer too.