IGNORED

Help! Trapped in Kitchener.

Bummer

Steve, you rest up. Don't worry about your bike. We will get it down to you .

BradT. Give us a call and we will relay the bike down to Indy.

Sorry to be a bit slow responding. I had to lay down for a while.

BradT and Rhonda just left with the bike. They're keeping it in their garage until I can get back up to get it or it gets relayed - however that works out.

Swifty's going to drop us off at home - he's heading to BC the long way and kindly offered to make it a bit longer.

We sincerely appreciate ALL the offers of help. Sorry to cut it short, but I'm still more than a little woozy from the pain killers and the entire experience. Can't thank you guys enough.

Bike is in my garage, and Bummer can decide how to get it home. He obviously has lots of options, one was the offer to come back up and we will take him on the ride Mrs. Bummer wanted to go on to the Muskokas:cool10:.

I have an open trailer and we can start the relay.

Take Care Steve and hope your feeling much better soon.

Brad and RHonda

I'm afraid I'm going to have to regroup. Sitting up shooting the breeze with BradT and Rhonda took more out of me that I had expected. There's no way I should be traveling Saturday. The doc said I was "too stoic", the pain killers wore off long enough for me to realize he's probably right about that too.

pegscraper, you have mail...

Thanks everyone.

As I read this thread it shows what this forum is all about, even the 'boss' wants to get involved. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now we need to know how this is all coming down so that we know it's all taken care of,,,,,,,,you got me thinking as well,, so post the results please and thanks.

Whew Steve!

You had me real worried for a minute.

I thought you said you were trapped in the KITCHEN!

Seriously thought. Glad you're okay. Wish I was state-side so I could pitch in and help.

Don't suppose you wanna send the bike home via Australia?

Guest Swifty

Well, early Saturday AM, changes in plans...I'm outta the loop and on my way...(thanks to BradT and his yakking ability.) :moon:

Steve and Irene are finding another way home at a later time. I'm sure Bummer will post and keep everyone informed. Many have stepped up to the plate...these folks probably can't keep it all straight...while on the meds. Get well soon...happy trails.

I'm going to get in touch with pegscraper and see about taking him up on his offer. I just don't want to get him up early on a Saturday. Figured I'd wait until at least 8. This way I can get a little real food in me. Most of the week has been jello and broth. With the ton of antiboitics and the pain killers I'm pretty much thrashed.

This has caused me to think about how I've always done things. Insurance, sure, but since I've been generally healthy when I planned trips there was never much of an emergency plan. Never needed one. That's gonna have to change. I still have a spleen, and a gall bladder, and with - uh - maturity coming on just picking up and going isn't all that wise.

I love this site and the people on it. Thanks everybody!

Spear: Not a bad idea as long as I get to come with it. :)

Steve,

Glad you got things worked out!! If you want to take a break when you get into Michigan, I'll have some cheesecake waiting for you's. Give us a call, and Tuckett's know the directions.

Take it easy going home, and let us all know when you get there!

Guest ReinyRooster

Sorry I couldn't jump in here sooner, I was away for the weekend in Ohio. I'm still open to a phone call if I can help at all, although it sounds like the situation is now in hand.