IGNORED

Help - Need Rear Tire - Erie, PA

RedRider

Yeah, that was my thought also. No one in town (Erie, PA) that is open on Sunday has a properly sized car tire. So, we decided to stay overnight and get a tire in the morning when the local Yamaha dealer opens (at 9:00).

Interestingly enough, I didn't notice the lighter spots of rubber until I looked at the picture before posting it. That would have been real trouble running the highway and it would take me 2 days to get home if I kept the speeds way down anyway.

I did find a place 110 miles away that was open, but am not going to ride that far with this tire.

BTW - I never did let you know - the Harley brake lights look and work great.

RR

Glad you decided to stay put that does not look good. I have a old Brigstone here that I got from a member when I picked up a bad split. BUT I am too far a away, hope you make it home safely for that meeting.

BRad

Made it home last night. The dealer in Erie (Off-Road Express) was exceptional!!!

I will be making a complete post singing the praises of this dealership.

Just a quick teaser - They opened at 9:00. Had my bike on the lift by 9:15 and in the parking lot by 10:05. New Dunlop 404, installed, $160!!! I should have had them put a front on also for that price.

Technician took it for a quick test ride and suggested a couple of other things that needed done. Didn't pressure to do them - thru conversation he knew I did my own wrenching. But spent the time to show me things and how to properly do them - such as my steering head bearing is loose.

Great guys. Just wish they were closer.

Like I said, there will be a complete write up on this dealer.

RR

Guest Ken8143
Made it home last night. The dealer in Erie (Off-Road Express) was exceptional!!!

I will be making a complete post singing the praises of this dealership.

Just a quick teaser - They opened at 9:00. Had my bike on the lift by 9:15 and in the parking lot by 10:05. New Dunlop 404, installed, $160!!! I should have had them put a front on also for that price.

Technician took it for a quick test ride and suggested a couple of other things that needed done. Didn't pressure to do them - thru conversation he knew I did my own wrenching. But spent the time to show me things and how to properly do them - such as my steering head bearing is loose.

Great guys. Just wish they were closer.

Like I said, there will be a complete write up on this dealer.

RR

Unheard of service.

"OFF ROAD EXPRESS"

WE can pay them for this just by spreading this story.

And someone should send them a copy of this so that they know results of being a Good dealer!!

Yep I agree Dan, sounds like they were above and beyond in their handling of this, It is so great to hear a good dealer story:sun: Craig