IGNORED

this was close

Guest tessa c2

Guest tessa c2

monday night comming home from work, was around 10 pm, and was dark out, i was following this car about 75-80 yards behind him, just so that i could also use his lights to my advantage, and all of a sudden the driver of the car tapped his brakes as if to knock the cruise off the car, and then suddenly hit the breaks solid, well there was 3 deer infrount of us standing on the hi way, well we had both locked up pretty snug, cause all i had heard was the sreatching of tires for both him and me, and i had just moved over into the hammer lane, as he was moving over to the roads right sholder, we both came to a complete stop abreast with each other, with the 3rd deer standing infrount and inbetween us,

i guess the good part was i had just pulled the old xs1100 out of the corner of the quanset, and thought that she needed a few miles put on her this summer also, so that is the second time that bike has had a close ecounter with deer, where we had to have a complete stop. the one thing with that bike when you hit the rear binders with it it will grab solid.:2133:. looking at that thing, i guess my gaurden angles not only fly's fast but can stop quick too....

One time I passed a small pick up truck on a back road on my way to work one morning.

As soon as I passed him, as I began to get back into the right lane, there was this huge buck standing in the middle of the road.. I was in my car....thank god..I braked hard, and so did the truck..he pulled into the left lane so as not to hit my butt...

we stopped side by side...looking at the buck...

I blew my horn but the buck only twitched. The other guy blew his horn, The buck twitched again..we both laid on our horns and the buck just stood there staring into our head lights..he was only about 40 feet from our vehicles..

Stupid me, I decided to go around him real slow..I pulled off onto the burm of the road and slowly started past him.

The damn Buck lowered its head and by golly "CHARGED" at the side of my car... He hit it so hard I thought the car was going to flip over.. He landed on top of my hood on his side and was kicking like hell and his hoofs were grazing the windshield.

I slammed on my brakes and he slid off, he stood up and took one leap over the ditch and colapsed..

He broke his neck when he rammed my car door...

The truck driver and I picked him up and we threw him in the back of the pick up truck and that guy took him home to dress him...

My car door was all caved in and rubbed the front fender from that day on...

Dont ever pass a deer (or buck) on a motorcycle when it is just standing on the road..

I reccomend you turn around and make tracks.. cause they will charge you.. :thumbsup2:

Good story Eck!

I've heard of Moose doing that and they really mess a car up when they are mad.

The only thing that has attacked my car was an owl. I was driving down the road and it took a bead on me and slammed into the side of my truck. Don't know what the heck it was thinking.

Tessa, glad you were able to get the bike stopped in time.

Guest tessa c2

thanks guys, i know a person just about hates to drive at dusk, and it is realy unusual for them to be moving about this time of year, usually they are camped tight down in the draws this time of year, not unless they are moving up to get out of the mosquites.

The only thing that has attacked my car was an owl.

A cop once told me that if someone is tail gateing you (in a cage of course) just slam on your brakes...and if the guy behind you hits you, all you have to do is tell the judge that an owl (or hawk) flew down and you thought it was coming threw the windshield..

It's up the the guy who hit you to prove otherwise that you slammed the brakes on out of spite...or road rage.. and with him hitting you in the rear is is a slam dunk deal that he is responsibile for all damages because he was traveling "short of assured clear distance"..

of course, I would NEVER do anything like this to someone tail gateing me...:whistling:

One time I passed a small pick up truck on a back road on my way to work one morning.

As soon as I passed him, as I began to get back into the right lane, there was this huge buck standing in the middle of the road.. I was in my car....thank god..I braked hard, and so did the truck..he pulled into the left lane so as not to hit my butt...

we stopped side by side...looking at the buck...

I blew my horn but the buck only twitched. The other guy blew his horn, The buck twitched again..we both laid on our horns and the buck just stood there staring into our head lights..he was only about 40 feet from our vehicles..

Stupid me, I decided to go around him real slow..I pulled off onto the burm of the road and slowly started past him.

The damn Buck lowered its head and by golly "CHARGED" at the side of my car... He hit it so hard I thought the car was going to flip over.. He landed on top of my hood on his side and was kicking like hell and his hoofs were grazing the windshield.

I slammed on my brakes and he slid off, he stood up and took one leap over the ditch and colapsed..

He broke his neck when he rammed my car door...

The truck driver and I picked him up and we threw him in the back of the pick up truck and that guy took him home to dress him...

My car door was all caved in and rubbed the front fender from that day on...

Dont ever pass a deer (or buck) on a motorcycle when it is just standing on the road..

I reccomend you turn around and make tracks.. cause they will charge you.. :thumbsup2:

I've heard of that happening before. Moose will also do that. Up in Northern MN moose have stopped highways completely and not let anyone pass. If you try to pass it charges at you. 1200 pounds of mad critter with an attitude and antlers will mess up you car, your day and heck your whole week.

thanks guys, i know a person just about hates to drive at dusk, and it is realy unusual for them to be moving about this time of year, usually they are camped tight down in the draws this time of year, not unless they are moving up to get out of the mosquites.

Heck, that was close. But close is ok. Too many people have hit deer lately.

The good news is your safe and able to come to Pork in the Pines this year, right?

monday night comming home from work, was around 10 pm, and was dark out, i was following this car about 75-80 yards behind him, just so that i could also use his lights to my advantage, and all of a sudden the driver of the car tapped his brakes as if to knock the cruise off the car, and then suddenly hit the breaks solid, well there was 3 deer infrount of us standing on the hi way, well we had both locked up pretty snug, cause all i had heard was the sreatching of tires for both him and me, and i had just moved over into the hammer lane, as he was moving over to the roads right sholder, we both came to a complete stop abreast with each other, with the 3rd deer standing infrount and inbetween us,

i guess the good part was i had just pulled the old xs1100 out of the corner of the quanset, and thought that she needed a few miles put on her this summer also, so that is the second time that bike has had a close ecounter with deer, where we had to have a complete stop. the one thing with that bike when you hit the rear binders with it it will grab solid.:2133:. looking at that thing, i guess my gaurden angles not only fly's fast but can stop quick too....

I had a similar incident 2 evenings before coming out of Regina Beach headed back into Regina. JUst making the corner by the Buena Vista Beach road, where it drops down into a valley there were 3 deer , 2 in my lane and one gazing the grass on the edge. I managed to get around them into the opposing lane while slamming on the brakes, but it was fairly close! I was still doing about 25mph going past them....sure makes sure adrenalin run for a bit! It seems there are more deer moving around this year for some reason, or maybe there are just more deer!!

Any hunters wanna come on up here in the season, we can probably point you into a good direction to find some...lol

Brian :cool10::cool10: