IGNORED

Where you live makes a difference eh?

Seaking

As I was going through a lot of messages and seeing various people's ride stat maps, I realized that if you live in a central mid-continent area, you have a heck of a lot more choice as to where to go without repeating yourself..

Living out here in Nova Scotia, we have to drive the same 8 to 10 hours before we can start seeing something new lol. Once we hit Bangor Maine we can go south or west.. once you leave northern NB, you have.. erhm Quebec and then Ontario. All large provinces with tons to see mind you.

Though we live in a small province, I've yet to ride into another area that has as strong a rider community as we do here, or as picturesque.. And yes, the roads are slowly but surely improving.. little by bumpy little.. but it's pretty.

However, the old saying stays.. it's all about the ride.

Having said all that, its time to hop on the bike and go explore some more of this marvelous place called Nova Scotia.

Cheers!! Happy Canada Day!

Knees to the Breeze!

Guest byts

Every region has it's pro's and con's.

But it's every region I want to see.

It's trying to avoid the pot holes that I'm concerned about!:sign20:

I'm on my way for a Scoot as well

Happy Canada Day all!!:canada:

Never lived or been to the east coast; however, I've lived in every province from Ontario to BC at one point or another during my life. BC is my home and all I can say is .... it's the most spectacular with the widest variety of scenery there is IMHO.

Happy CANADA DAY! yeeaaahhhhhhhhh it's sunny and warm and I'm gonna go burn up some blacktop! (as soon as Nina gets herself in motion that is LOL)

As I was going through a lot of messages and seeing various people's ride stat maps, I realized that if you live in a central mid-continent area, you have a heck of a lot more choice as to where to go without repeating yourself..

Living out here in Nova Scotia, we have to drive the same 8 to 10 hours before we can start seeing something new lol. Once we hit Bangor Maine we can go south or west.. once you leave northern NB, you have.. erhm Quebec and then Ontario. All large provinces with tons to see mind you.

Though we live in a small province, I've yet to ride into another area that has as strong a rider community as we do here, or as picturesque.. And yes, the roads are slowly but surely improving.. little by bumpy little.. but it's pretty.

Having said all that, its time to hop on the bike and go explore some more of this marvelous place called Nova Scotia.

Knees to the Breeze!

It truly is a gorgeous place to go, I have been there several times. But never with my ride. Next time I want to find somewhere to rent a ride to be able to take advantage of those great rides like the one around St Margarets bay around to Lunenburg. When i was there last week it was a fantastic drive, but the whole trip I was thinking that I shoulda found a bike...Oh well...theres always next time.

Brian

Knees to the Breeze!

Happy Canada Day!!

Nova Scotia is one place I have to go someday.My Grandfather(who died before I was born) was from there,he was a micmac indian.

Arthur

I know where you're coming from Seaking. Here in Newfoundland we're pretty limited to our rides. Quite a lot of repetition of routes. That said, I'd rather run loops on my bike than tour endlessly locked in a box!! It is the ride!! The scenery here is awe inspiring to say the least, not unlike Nova Scotia. Only thing that can really dampen you're day (pun intended) is the weather. It was raining here yesterday with winds of 115km/h!!

Happy Canada Day!!

:canada:

We were planning on going to Nova Scotia this year on our annual trip with our riding group, but had to cancel due to everyone else having other plans and major work on the house this year. I was really looking forward to it as I've heard how beautiful it is up there and great riding. We are still planning on the trip, just don't know when. If the group can't make it next year, I think we will just go alone.

Night life won't be as fun but the scenery will be just as nice.

I love Canada, been to the Niagara area a ton of times. I was actually thinking of 'defecting' there when I retired.

:smile5:

We live on Long Island, NY which is about a crappy 2 hour ride to get off of before we can go anywhere, unless we take a ferry over to Connecticut and ride north, so our options are limited too.

There are three places I want to go in my life and Nova Scotia is one of them. I want to rent a bike and ride. The other two is Russia and the Northwest Territories.

The wife knows this so one day, it might happen. I used to get a catalog for Nova Scotia with all the different provinces, roads, attractions B&B's... and get lost in it.

One day I might be bugging y'all for a riding buddy.

Happy Canada Day!!

Nova Scotia is one place I have to go someday.My Grandfather(who died before I was born) was from there,he was a micmac indian.

Arthur

You'll want to make sure to take in the Cabot Trail, South Shore, Eastern Shore and the Valley.. I just got back from my ride I mentioned in the original posting.. on my second tank of gas, mostly all back roads.. I'm bug splattered, sunburned and utterly exhausted.. and loved every minute of it all =) What a day!!

As president of our local Royal Canadian Legion here on Saltspring we had a good day . We do a midway for the kids and stuff inside for the adults. It is a lot of work but a lot of volunteers make it happen. We served 200 breakfasts and entertained about 300 kids.

We have a good hot rod show and our pipe band puts on a good show.

One thing that really struck me is when a couple Venture riders came up here from California I met them and the first thing they said was " Wow, You sure don't do ugly up here." They then said "we see why you don't ride far, you have everything right here." Sometimes it takes an outside perspective to make you realize that what you take for granted is special to someone else. I have been to Utah, Nevada, Arizona and California and I am sure I see things that the locals take for granted. Be happy with where you are because each place has it's own special beauty.

Guest Ken8143

Been to NS on the bike with some friends - man what a ride! even through 1 1/2 days of solid rain. Only regret is that I did not break off from the group for a day to ride into PEI and back across the bridge.

Every place has its own beauty, that is for sure

There are three places I want to go in my life and Nova Scotia is one of them. I want to rent a bike and ride. The other two is Russia and the Northwest Territories.

The wife knows this so one day, it might happen. I used to get a catalog for Nova Scotia with all the different provinces, roads, attractions B&B's... and get lost in it.

Maybe better concentrate on places other than Russia if you plan on doing this on a bike. I don't drive in Russia, too dangerous and the roads are mostly crappy.

Drop me a line if you're coming up this way.. if I'm not able to take you out myself I can certainly help make your visit more memorable by showing you the fun places to see.

I belong to the Defenders Chaper 10 motorcycle club ( http://www.defendersns.com ) and we do a lot of rides and charity work with Child Amputees and the Veterans.

The one thing to remember about Nova Scotia is that you can pull into just about ANY Tim Horton's coffee shop (there are gazzillions out here) and you'll run into bikers.. be prepared to be approached by friendly people asking where ya from, what ya ride etc.. Don't be shy or scared, we're one hell of a friendly bunch around here =) I believe NS enjoys the largest motorcycle rider per capital ratio than anywhere in North America.. it's a hugely social thing around here.. I might not be able to remember buddy and his wife's name but I sure know what bike he rides and the fun stories they share.. hehe

The one thing to remember about Nova Scotia is that you can pull into just about ANY Tim Horton's coffee shop (there are gazzillions out here) and you'll run into bikers.. be prepared to be approached by friendly people asking where ya from, what ya ride etc.. Don't be shy or scared, we're one hell of a friendly bunch around here =) I believe NS enjoys the largest motorcycle rider per capital ratio than anywhere in North America.. it's a hugely social thing around here.. I might not be able to remember buddy and his wife's name but I sure know what bike he rides and the fun stories they share.. hehe

Absolutley true, travel the Maritimes for business many times, also had to ride come back with the bike and ride the cabot trail a few years back. Nice place but the roads were a little bumy but well worth the ride.

Spend a lot time in Bedford, Dartmouth, and Mirimichi.

Brad

You guys always want pics so here are some pics from my trip to Nova Scotia last week. Its mostly around the hotel in Dartmouth and over Halifax downtown. We also took a cage to Peggys Cove, around to the Swiss Air memeorial site and then all around St. Margarets bay to Mahone Bay and Lunenburg. It was a gorgeous drive and the highway was good most of the way with just a bit of construction and road delays just outside of Peggys Cove. I was wishing I had rented a bike throught the whole drive...lol

Here is the link to my picasa web

http://picasaweb.google.ca/friesman1/HalifaxJune2008

Brian:cool10::cool10: