IGNORED

Sold my bike/car hauler

Gary N.

Well after 13 years and a lot of blood sweat and tears I decided to put my '46 Chevy COE bike/car hauler up for sale and today it left for Edmonton Alberta. I'm going to miss that old truck but at this point I couldn't justify owning it anymore. I think it would have been easier to sell one of my kids though.

Good luck selling it Gary. I too poor to afford that. Never mind the gas it would take. :whistling:

Margaret

It's already sold and gone. It's diesel powered so even more expensive for fuel but it does get pretty good mileage.

WOW!! nice rig... What's that a 40" sleeper? Is it crawl thru or sit-in?

It's 40" and a crawl thou.

If you don't mind me askin... What ya get for it?

Lets just say I could go out and buy a couple new HD's and have enough left over to load them both up with all the safety chrome in the book...LOL

I'm guessin you probably upgraded the drivetrain... SB Chevy?

Yes, a few upgrades, 170 hp turbo Isuzu 6 cyl. diesel, 5 speed + 2 speed auxiliary, C30 Chevy chassis, 5000 lb. rear air bags, 8000 lb. winch, 18' home built deck, AC, power windows, power door locks, Clarion am/fm/cd

Edited by Gary N.

Man Gary..you scared me there for a sec. I thought you sold the bike and the motorhome!! Whew. That is sure a nice truck though.

Not to worry Jeff. I won't be selling the bike any time soon but I may have to down size the space shuttle. I have to see how it works out over the next year or so. Maybe I'll sell the ranch and just live in the shuttle. I'd have to get rid of a lot more stuff before I can do that though.

Guest BluesLover

Congrats on the sale Gary!

I take it you're not delivering the truck to Alberta and riding the RSV back home?

Cheers,

Congrats on the sale Gary!

I take it you're not delivering the truck to Alberta and riding the RSV back home?

Cheers,

No, he decided to fly here and drive home. Just as well as I don't know if I'm physically up to a big trip like that on the bike yet. My brain says I am but my body may have different ideas.

Not to worry Jeff. I won't be selling the bike any time soon but I may have to down size the space shuttle. I have to see how it works out over the next year or so. Maybe I'll sell the ranch and just live in the shuttle. I'd have to get rid of a lot more stuff before I can do that though.

That's good news. I had the same initial reaction when I read the title of the post. Looking forward to seeing you again in Kitchner. We'll be in our Class "C". not looking forward to the fuel bill but whatever it is I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Gary....thanks for the offer but..no thanks...got two kids of my own.......:cool10::cool10::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Now that's funny.Gary,I'm glad you were able to sell the truck,but I'm sad it wasn't to me.:crying:.But you know what we talked about at Don's,if I would have bought it,Cupcake would divorce me and then I would have to move into the space shuttle with you.:scared: