IGNORED

I traded my 07 RSV for Kawasaki 1600 Nomad

dharnie

Did I screw up or is it a good trade - not the money - but the difference in the 2 bikes - pros or cons?

I traded my 07 RSV with 1.6K miles on it for Kawasaki 1600 Nomad with 6.6K miles on it, + about 50% of my selling price in cash?

Any opinions?

Sorry to hear you parted with your RSV, but its what makes you happy. I moved down to a V Star 1300, but I kept my 1st Gen. You might miss all the goodies on the RSV...........

Did I screw up or is it a good trade - not the money - but the difference in the 2 bikes - pros or cons?

I traded my 07 RSV with 1.6K miles on it for Kawasaki 1600 Nomad with 6.6K miles on it, + about 50% of my selling price in cash?

Any opinions?

Guest BigJohnD

Too bad we did not meet up...I still have a 2002 1500 Nomad that I am trying to sell...and have a 99 Venture in the garage.

The Nomad rides nice...lighter handling. Smooth handling on the highway or the parking lot. Mama did not like the seat as much as the Venture, so I went out and bought it.

They are both very good bikes...hope you enjoy the trade.

Mariner Fan - oh yeah - you found me out! Still have my daily commute - the 01 RSV - love it to pieces even with the squeaky front brakes and the loud whinning drive train! The Nomad will be a novelty and a temporary fixture in the garage. We will play with it for 30 days or so - drive it to work - take the little woman to dinner - visit a few important people in my life - still like the chug chug of the v twin. Then onto ebay to find a new home for it! :)

I went from Nomad to RSV . Nomad is nice....good looks, good handling, good sound. Enjoyed it for 9 years. But on along trip with the RSV you arrive feeling great. On the Nomad you still vibrate for an hour or so!!!!

I hated riding the on the nomad..bout 5 miles and my rear said "NO MORE":no-no-no:

Wow, imagine that, a talking rear! How come you didn't show us that at Fort Collins? NO WAIT!! Maybe we didn't really want to see that!! :rotf::rotf:

I traded my 2005 Nomad in on my Venture. I loved the Nomad, but it just wasn't a good bike if my wife rode with me and we pulled the trailer. I would love to have a Nad again someday, but also love my Venture. (WHINE AND ALL).

The only change I would like to do on the Venture is add an amp to the sound systm. Other than that, after having a whole lot of other bikes from Harley's to Goldwings, the Venture suits me just fine.

Bopttom line is you should ride what you like, and forget about what everybody else thinks, says, or does.

Enjoy the new machine. Also check out the Vu;can site for some great info. www.vroc.org. And there's a guy named Gadget that has a super site for mods, upgrades and such. http://www.gadgetjq.com/gadgetsfixitpage.htm He has more info on his site than you'll ever want to know about your new ride.

For the rest of you Venture riders, Gadget also has some things on his site that apply to any bike. How to's etc. for lots of things.

Guys, have a great day and ride safe.

Edited by whozleft