IGNORED

Mistake buying a Venture?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I won't say the Venture was a "mistake" per se, but I don't think the bike is really for me. I've had alot of issues with my 07' and my dealer has been accomidating, but being the most expensive bike I've ever owned, it's been in the shop more than anything else I've owned. As I've stated in earlier and other posts, my wife saved the Venture from a trade-in because she liked the comfort of the bike. Well, that changed last weekend, she sat on a Wing and it was over. I got what I think is a fair trade in price and a great price on the Wing. I'll be completing the sale this weekend. Now, the reason I mention this is that I've taken all my aftermarket off the bike. It's all in near new condition and all have been added to the bike in the last few months. PM or email me if your interested.

Beer30's "scooter hooters" Venture front/lower bra. Perfect condition and worth ALOT more than what he charged me for these things

Driver's backrest (firehousecustom's backrest off of ebay)

Levelling links from Diamond R.

Front/rear EBC brake pads. New still in the pack.

The RSV, the Goldwing, and the BMW 1200LT are all fantastic 2 up bikes that are very comfortable for the passenger.. A small percentage of all of them have their problems, If you got a bad one and don't feel comfortable staying with Yamaha, the Honda and BMW are great alternatives. I would do the same thing. They are all such great bikes if I had the money I would probably own one of each..

Just remember you don't have to leave the forum just because you leave the bike.

Guest kozman01

Thanks hi4s, I'm sure I'll hang around. I sent you a PM. I do like the Venture, but I don't really feel it's me and if I don't really like it, I find myself not riding much and I don't like having a 14K worth of road riding machine just siting. Thanks again for the invite to stick around, I think I just might do that:)

I have a 02 Midnight, I put about 65,000 miles on it and all I can say is it's the best bike I have every had and let me say I have not been ease on this bike, I have driven the hell out of it. I have been riding from the age of 13, started with mine-bikes, dirt bikes, street bikes and have had many different make and models. Not sure what my next bike will be, most likely another Venture.

I have a 02 Midnight, I put about 65,000 miles on it and all I can say is it's the best bike I have every had and let me say I have not been ease on this bike, I have driven the hell out of it. I have been riding from the age of 13, started with mine-bikes, dirt bikes, street bikes and have had many different make and models. Not sure what my next bike will be, most likely another Venture.

Hey, Al......wassup? I, too have been riding since just out of diapers.......and I also have a Midnight.....an '03......and it's giving me a little grief, I think mostly because of some accessories that the first owner added.

I blew a couple of fuses recently, due, I believe to some wires shorting out under the seat. (Not sure if these ran from the theft alarm, running lights or trunk light.....but, in any case, I'm now faced with a stop light that is always on.

Have you (or anyone else) experienced this problem before?

I can hear the little solenoid, down by the brake pedal, clicking when either front or rear brake is applied, but the light stays on regardless. Is it possible that this solenoid clicks even though it may be faulty?

Any ideas?

Thanks for all input.

Cheers, Mike

I have had mine since new... over 11000 miles. Put BUBS pipes,chrome luggage rack,LED lights ..with a lot of other things on bike. The only problem I have had was the radio cut out several times. It looks like a wire was pinched but was fixed. I love the bike, and all the extras... only small problem is a little top heavy in traffic. I also was looking at Harley Ultra Classic with everything..they wanted about $ 23000.00.. I only paid about 17000.00 with all the extras. Be safe !