IGNORED

08 is running fine now

When we went to Maintenance Day, was not happy with gas mileage and overall performance. Felt vibration in the seat, especially in 5th gear, only doing 60 to 65.

Last week took the bike in and told them about the lousy gas mileage (around 33 to 35 at the above speed) and the vibration.

Picked the bike up, was told the carbs where in sync (had done this myself) so that was not touched, but they did do the carb tune, 1 cylinder was running rich, the other 3 on the lean side. So I filled up in Sumter, rode at a constant 60, then filled up at a station close to home. Now for the surprise, 45.2 mpg, this is the best ever done by me. :cool10::cool10:

Also, Mechanic was saying there was a tick tick noise, Sumter folks heard it also and greased the splines and fingers, no clicking. Mechanic says "Told you so" :rotf::rotf:

Then when they brought the bike out to me, bad news, battery was dead. Someone there, left the key on. New battery and I did not pay for it. They apoligized and made it right.

All this done under warranty and Sumter Extreme Sports gave me no hassles and really are a good Yamaha dealer. I did buy my 08 from them and will continue to do all my bike business with them. Also found out, one of the mechanics bought a used 07 a may be joining the site shortly.

:):)

Then when they brought the bike out to me, bad news, battery was dead. Someone there, left the key on. New battery and I did not pay for it. They apoligized and made it right.

All this done under warranty and Sumter Extreme Sports gave me no hassles and really are a good Yamaha dealer. I did buy my 08 from them and will continue to do all my bike business with them. Also found out, one of the mechanics bought a used 07 a may be joining the site shortly.

:):)

That is great news Sleeperhawk. It's good to hear that not all dealers are "stealers".:thumbsup2: