IGNORED

Leveling link install

Well, what are you doing next Friday morning? We've got a lift and Phil has experience playing with the links on the rear. If you want to ride over and do it in our garage next Friday let me know - we might be able to work something out schedule wise.

Well, that is what I figured. And I ain't gonna try to rig anything to the 2 1/2 ton floor jack.

I have been wanting a bike lift. Here is my excuse.

Oh, lovely wife of mine? :whistling:

Rosebud,

I appreciate the offer, but I have no clue what I am doign this weekend, let alone a week from now. Does Phil plan that far ahead or do you schedule for him? :rotf: If I have not gotten it done before then though, I will take you up on it. Otherwise, I may just ride up there for the sake of riding. :322:

Rosebud,

I appreciate the offer, but I have no clue what I am doign this weekend, let alone a week from now. Does Phil plan that far ahead or do you schedule for him? :rotf: If I have not gotten it done before then though, I will take you up on it. Otherwise, I may just ride up there for the sake of riding. :322:

Phil will tell you that I AM his secretary, I do all his scheduling, or at least he let's me think that I do.....:rotf: That way I get to feel important. Actually Phil use to travel 9 - 10 months out of the year and I just got use to doing all the planning and after 30 years of marriage some things just don't change... :banana: :banana::banana: :banana:

Take a look at the premium lift from Sears also. It is about $150 but the reviews are excellent. Just a thought.

RR

See if Sears has an outlet store in your area. We do, and I got mine for $44.88....brand new.

Guest Jay R

The answer is yes. I did it without lifting the bike off the rear tire using a scissors jack and the side stand. Remove the nuts first and jack the bike up taking the weight off the tire just until you can remove the bolts holding the original links in place. Then install the new links. The bike will seem unstable so have someone stand beside it so it don't fall over. It won't fall but you will feel better with the support person there. The hardest part is using a torque wrench in that small space when tightening the nuts. Also, I did not remove the EIS Reed Valve.

WOW.......What was I thinking....

Ok, it's time to be truthful..

Did you ever read something, and want to move some words around or delete a few, never adding any, to create what you were really thinking when you read it???

Well, I read this posting and WOW........what an example you can use to try this with.

Use this posting as a sample....

Rules are:

You can move words around

You can delete as many words as you wish

You CAN NOT add any words

You can add periods, question marks or other items to bring out your thoughts.....(Easy now Beer30)........

but see what YOU come up with.

Rosebud...your gonna kill me.........:whistling: (all in fun though)..

Well, what are you doing next Friday morning?

We've got a lift and Phil has experience playing with the links on the rear. If you want to ride over and do it in our garage next Friday let me know - we might be able to work something out schedule wise.