IGNORED

Anyone use the HOPPY trailer wiring kit?

I had ordered mine from Discount auto parts for about 26.00 maybe 3 years ago.I spliced it into the wires behind the battery, ran the harness along the fender, up under the trunk and finally zip-tied it to the trunk support just in front/LS of the trunk, out of sight. I was also able to wire my Pilot light bar to the Hoppy harness under the trunk, which made it easier.

• 3 weeks later...

To anyone that is using this converter,

Does this work well and do the four-ways, self cancelling still work? I have used it on my other bike but it didn't have four-ways or self cancelling. Thanks for the help.

I've always wanted to drag a trailer with a bike. Now that I finally have the bike that can do it, I want the trailer! :D

I will use it to get my product from the Airport when it comes it, and carry parts and such when on Sales & Service calls. I can also trailer my son's dirtbike to the local track if I get the trailer I've been eyeing for awhile. Or I can use it get the pig for the Luau, plus all the poi, lomi-lomi, rice etc. etc. :D

• 4 months later...

I resurrect my own thread. :D

My Hoppys doesn't seem to work correctly.

I got my Harbour Freight trailer in today and assembled it. First thing was to check the lights. No go.

I got out my little test light (which I shoulda done weeks ago... :smilies6: ) and found that when I put the alligator clip on the ground pin and touch the pointy part to either blinker pin the test light would glow solid whether or not the blinker was on. Nothing on the brake/running light pin.

I know for certain that it wired from the bike correctly.

Can I test it that way? Did I test it wrong or is this thing FUBAR??