IGNORED

No Lights??-IDEAS?

Well this morning I got everything ready for my 60 mile commute to work, fired the bike up everything fine. Rolled it back out of the garage and as I turned the front wheel to the left to get around the wife's SUV the lights ALL went out. No headlight, running lights or dash lights. Engine still running, radio playing too.

My first thought is a blown fuse due to a short caused by a crimp in the lighting wires from when I put the driving light spacer in before I left for Don's. Everything worked great all weekend, but I'm thinking it must have cut through the wires because of the hard crank to the left to get it out this morning.

Does this sound like a reasonable place to start? Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Jay

Sounds like your on the track, that's where I would start looking if you did blow the fuse.

Good luck in your hunt sometimes it takes awhile to find these things and other times it jumps out at you.

That's a good place to start, also look at the wires where they come out of the running lights on the light bar. That spot is really sharp and can slice the wire. By turning so sharp you might have pulled the wires tight and sliced it that way.

That's a good place to start, also look at the wires where they come out of the running lights on the light bar. That spot is really sharp and can slice the wire. By turning so sharp you might have pulled the wires tight and sliced it that way.

I agree.

loose nut between seat and handle bars :whistling: :rasberry:

Also have to agree with Eck.:rasberry::whistling:

Have a close look at the triple tree area where the "stops" are for the handlebar travel. Common issue after installing passing lights to have a loose wire stray and get cut as the bars are cranked to the stops.

It was a broken wire that the spacer had crimped my son helped me fix it after we got the yard mowed. I just thank the good Lord was watching over me and it happened right outside the garage and not half way to work.

Thanks for all the suggestions and support.

Jay