IGNORED

I Found The Muffinman....

mini-muffin

Ok I'm home. We got to Beer's house a little after 10 last night and then headed over to Jeff's RV to pass out. It was a rather eventful time coming home. Jeff (muffinman) and George (Sleeperhawk) switched bikes for a bit. Everything went pretty well TILL WE GOT TO NC. We stopped to fill up and say goodbye to the sleeperhawks and headed off towards home (we thought). Gene (Beer) and I were in the truck (I made the sacrifice to ride in the ac somebody had to) Jeff and Tim were on bikes we tried to get on I40. Tried being the main point. It was closed. I don't know how much of it is closed but it's a pain trying to find a way around it all. So we make a U-turn sort of. Jeff and Tim could but Gene needed more room with the truck. So we head off to find a turn around spot. Then across the cb we hear Jeff say he's got a problem. Gene and I make a really fast turn around and head off in their direction. There's Jeff and Tim at an intersection and the bike is dead. Gene gets out of the truck and heads over to them they finally get it started (it seemed to vapor lock). So off we go again trying to find a way home. Finally Tim finds a way we can go and get on I40 only to be routed back off of it. At least this time we found detour signs. Made it to the highway and then a little while after that Tim heads off. No major problems now WE THINK. Then we get off for more gas for Jeff. He fills it up in a little town called Meadow. Jeff heads off to the on ramp and when we get to him the bike is stopped again. He plays with it with some help from Gene. Finally get it started. As we're heading home Jeff figures it's the colder gas hitting a hot engine and shrinking the rubber hose piece. He said he'll just rebuild the thing.

At one of our gas stops we're all trying to stay in the shade. Keep the guys cooling off some after being on the bikes in the heat. Some lady comes over she has a problem with her car. We see the hood come up Jeff checks it talks to the lady. Next thing we know Jeff's gettin in the car with the lady for a quick go around to see what's wrong with the car. He diagnosed her problem told her it wasn't major and she'd definitely make it to Pittsburgh. Then we head off. Tim, Gene and George thought this was funny that the lady would come up to Jeff. But it happens alot.

So that was our ride home. Took longer then it should have, but we had our family with us.

Now for the thankyou's. Don you're wife is an angel. You are definitely very lucky to have her. Eileen is a sweetheart. God bless her for putting up with all of us. I'm positive nobody went home saying how come Don didn't just make hamburgers. That was a lot easier deal then making food. easier to clean up too. You're son seems to be a very good kid you're luck their too. I enjoyed meeting all the new folks to me. I'm probably gonna be terrible at remembering names but I'll remember the faces.

Thank you Cindy for the lovely thong. I'll polish it up seems some of the guys were very interested in it and got fingerprints on it. :whistling: Thank you Lonna and Brad I can't even begin to express how much we love you guys. I'm glad you got to come to eat with us.Sorry if we were an embarrassment :rotf:with the spit balls and salt, and the funny conversation and the sing along. It's a wonder we don't get thrown out of some places.

Well now that this is becoming a book I'd better stop.

First I have to say a special thanks to Ruffrider. Jeff it was great seeing you again so soon and thanks for what you did. Jeff doesn't feel like he deserved this but he's just gonna have to suffer and enjoy the bike.

I'm glad I finally got to meet Yama mama in person, as well as Carl and a few others. It was great. I'm sorry if I forgot anything I need a nap, and a nice cold shower to cool off. Man it's hot here.

Love You Guys your the best family a person could find themselves connected to. And we all chose each other.

Margaret

Sounds like an interesting trip home. Glad everyone made it safe. As for the bike having problems, well those were built into it, got to make him work for it.:rotf::rotf:

If anybody deserves it, Jeff does. Helping that lady at the gas station just proves what a great and deserving person he is.

Well the way I see it, everyone gets what they deserve, sometimes though, oh well most often, it's not always a pleasure to be on the receiving end, but it gave much pleasure to a lot of folks to have one of us on the 'tough' end, if you will. That a few problems cropped up was in the forcast, had to, to make sure we gave it to the right guy, as it turns out, it worked out, he had to work for it. Now about the the thong,,,,,,,,,,let's see,,,,,,,what would be the issue there,,,,,,,,,,,,we couldn't get it to go on,,,, wonder if he can get it to come...........................

It's PG rated right??????

...Jeff doesn't feel like he deserved this but he's just gonna have to suffer and enjoy the bike.

Last year, when I couldn't find anyone local to work on my 1st gen, Jeff pm'd and said, load it up and come on down. I'll provide room and board and we'll fix the bike together. Met him one time at Vogel, and he offers that kind of help. Can't think of anyone that deserves it more. :thumbsup2::thumbsup2: Thanks Jeff. :080402gudl_prv:

That does it. The Warden and I HAVE to go down to NC for the fall meet. :thumbsup2: Work will just have to learn to do without me. People like this I must get to know. It's not everyone will offer to work on your ride AND offer room and board. But inquiring minds must know, did Jeff feed ribs too??? :think: Heck, I'll bring the ribs if he has a grill...:dancefool:

If it weren't so darn hot down there you probably would not have had any problems:rotf: Glad to see you figured it out, and all made it home safe!! Jeff is a very deserving person, as he has shown in the past, and will continue to do so. Well maybe you will have to catch him on his bike at the gas station if you need help:rotf::rotf: