IGNORED

What's too old?

beyeker

:grandma:You know women never usually tell their ages. I will just say my motto is, as long as I can get my leg up high enough to climb up on our bike, I will ride.

Now, where Ron is concerned, I know that he will let me know when he no longer feels he can ride.

Then I bet we move to the three wheel model.

Mama

56, been riding bikes since I was 13 or 14. have had a few times without a bike but always come back. Bought my 87 venture last year after about 11 years of not riding and hope to ride steady for at least another 20+ years. My wife has back problems and has a hard time riding in a car for long distances but this past week end we made a 75 mile trip and 75 miles back in the same day without any problems, and she wants to ride a lot more now so hope to have her with for many trips and many miles also.

57 and still enjoy the ride....... The local club I belong to,has an elderly guy, late 70's and loves to ride ......took 4 weeks out last year and did crosss country Canada and then came back through the states............ his answer this year, because he cannot hold up a top heavy bike anymore is to go for smaller bike....... he felt ashamed at the club to appear on rides with a smaller bike, but we told him not to be silly, and the riding is what it is about, not what you ride......................... as for the lady not getting the leg up and over, some of us gents may feel the same limitation some day....... but the 650CC yamaha scooters are still a good way to get the wind through your hair............ at least get the wind over your head....ENJOY the season e1 see you in KITCHENER cabin 2001, first 2 nights...GRUMPY BEAR on the back. JOHN M:bighug:

Turning 60 in a couple of months. I also know of riders in their 80's. We have a guy in our car club that still goes to high speed track events (cars) and he is about 95! Former SCCA racer.

I also know people in their 40's that can't or shouldn't ride. It just depends on your physical condition, genes and how well you take care of yourself.

I know that those "landing gear" helper wheels for Gold Wings may start looking good in a few years when I can't or don't want to hold up 800 pounds of bike anymore. I rode a trike a few years ago before my hip replacments and it wasn't much fun. That was part of the reason I went ahead with the hips, to get back on a bike if possible. Well it WAS possible and I am having fun while I can still do it.