IGNORED

Problem with a 2007 Venture

Has anyone had a problem with the 2007 venture that all of a sudden the bike will not move. A freind of mine has a 2007 venture and was 250 miles from home and he stated that when in a town the clutch stated to slip and within 50 feet the bike would not move anymore. He said it was without warning. Has anyone else ever heard this happing.

I think his clutch spring gave out but he has not found out from the dealer yet.

He also said he pushed the bike on the trailer in gear without nowing it. Yes the clutch was out not pulled in. So any ideas. Lets see how good we are guessing want happened.

When I find out from him I will post the results.

Well, If he pushed 800 lbs up on a trailer while it was in gear, I AIN'T gonna make him mad at me that's for sure. Musta lost the clutch somehow.

But that would mean it was engaged and would not slip. Must have a bad slave an its stuck in.

Well, If he pushed 800 lbs up on a trailer while it was in gear, I AIN'T gonna make him mad at me that's for sure.

My thoughts exactly BuddyRich..........

I think I heard about this guy.. he drives fence posts with his hands .."with no digging"

I just wonder if he changed the oil and put in the wrong type oil that is not made for wet our clutchs.....the bike is an 07 and may have been due for an oil change..

Well I got the call from my freind today. BuddyRich hit it right off. Yep it is the clutch. Completly gone. The dealer said he has never seen a clutch that bad.they will replace everything in side and add a Barnet plate and springs just to make it better.

By the way my freind has all the work and the oil changes done at the local yamaha shop because he has a maintinace plan with them when he purchased the bike, so It was not because of the wrong oil or old oil.

The dealer said it was NOT under warrenty but I told my freind to call Yamaha direct and see if they will do something. Maybe they will but maybe not. The bike is only 14 months old and has 28000 miles on it. My friend take very good care of his bike all the time so he still wonders why the clutch went out that fast and without warning. Noi Slipping or nothing. Just out of the blue the bike stopped moving.

So that is the store on this one.

:confused24:

I had to take mine in 4 times to have the rear end worked on and they finally replaced the whole thing and fixed the problem. I was at the yamaha shop last week and the mechanic told me to bring it in at 30,000 miles and he would replace the clutch plate on the warranty, so I don't see why yours shouldn't be covered too.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually the dealer may be right. The factory has no control over, if you know how to use a clutch so the clutch is not under warranty. Just like your brake pads are not. There are considered a wearable item I think. Not saying if the dealer is right or wrong just some past experiences in warranty work on vehicles.