IGNORED

new wing a home.

Snarley Bill

what a saga getting my new gold wing was. drove a total of 805 miles yesterday, to arkansas to pick it up. was racing to beat the rain. no rain until i got home and backed the trailer in the garage and it let fly with horrendous storms, about 5 minutes later. talk about perfect timing. had a pile of boxes sitting on the doorstep from ups last night so as tired as i was the chroming began. got to go unload the bike and take it for a ride now. just saw some sunshine out there. never saw a honda dealer like the one in russleville arkansas they told me they sell about 30 wings a month. bill

Guest JGorom

Wow...you beat the rain and the UPS boxes were home before you took delivery. I'm impressed William...can't wait to see what you do with her.

I kept my modifications simple...Utopia backrest, Kuryakyn footboards for me along with some Kuryakyn highway pegs and the Kuryakyn transformer floorboards on for my wife, along with the arm rests for the wife. Rear trunk rack, front rotor cover, Honda outboard motor voltage meter, and undercarriage protection.

Bill...you are going to love how quikly the Wing cleans up as opposed to other bikes, the power when you need it...and I know your wife will love the ride from her easy chair.

Congratulations Bill. Linda will look like a queen on her new "throne". Of course you'll still be the Court Jester.:rotf::rotf::rotf: Seriously though, very happy for both of you. ENJOY and we will see you at Eureka Springs!!!:cool10::cool10:

Well Im jellous now.........

Sure would like to own one myself Bill...

Ild have to take it for several rides by myself before I let my better half ride on it with me though so I am confident I know the bike and how it handles....:whistling:

WOOHOO Glad you made it home OK Bill,

I know you will love your new ride and Your better half will Love it even more due to the seating and back rest. Peg said its like sitting in a Lazy Boy for her on Long trips,but she has not went to sleep riding yet . I talked to few Ladys who have fallen asleep on the back seat of the Wing while going on long trips.

Once you get the chance give us some photos of both of you with your new ride. Hope to see you soon untill then have fun Bill.

Buddy

just got back from the first ride. got to get used to the foot pegs. put highway boards on it and got them to far back got my toe hung on them and could'nt get my feet down .almost dumped it at a stop sign. very powerful, crotch rocket feel in the curves, ultra smooth and quiet. way to many buttons and knobs. me and the wing are gonna have to get to know each other.totally different ride than my royalstar was. so far i like it alot. i can see it's going to be one of those love affairs that has to grow.lol :2133:

You will have plenty of time to get used to all your buttons Bill before Eureka Springs. One thing I like a lot is the Temp *F gauge letting you know how hot the ride is. I will be adding the CB on the Wing in about a month or so. Will do it myself and save a couple of one hundred dollar bills. Did you try your Stereo system yet?

I'm already scraping my foot pegs in the curves, so it does not take long to get used the Handling of the Wing.

Buddy

You will have plenty of time to get used to all your buttons Bill before Eureka Springs. One thing I like a lot is the Temp *F gauge letting you know how hot the ride is. I will be adding the CB on the Wing in about a month or so. Will do it myself and save a couple of one hundred dollar bills. Did you try your Stereo system yet?

I'm already scraping my foot pegs in the curves, so it does not take long to get used the Handling of the Wing.

Buddy

haven't even messed with the radio yet. never had a bike with as big of an owners manual. had to read it to open the saddle bags and trunk.they have that remote keychain lock. this thing is unbelievable. they thought of everything. took linda for a ride and asked her how do you like it. she said it ain't no caddy, it's a rolls royce. i think she likes it more than me. going on a couple of hundred mile ride in the morning by myself to become one with the bike. bill :)

just got back from the first ride. got to get used to the foot pegs. put highway boards on it and got them to far back got my toe hung on them and could'nt get my feet down .almost dumped it at a stop sign. very powerful, crotch rocket feel in the curves, ultra smooth and quiet. way to many buttons and knobs. me and the wing are gonna have to get to know each other.totally different ride than my royalstar was. so far i like it alot. i can see it's going to be one of those love affairs that has to grow.lol :2133:

It might be a good idea to get to know the bike with footpegs and then decide if you even want/need the floorboards. Some people have trouble with them. I like stock pegs with aux highway pegs.

It might be a good idea to get to know the bike with footpegs and then decide if you even want/need the floorboards. Some people have trouble with them. I like stock pegs with aux highway pegs.
went for along ride this morning and decided floorboards would not be a good thing. with my feet on the pegs my foot would not be comfortable in a flat position. i am going to order kuryakyn iso pegs. they are shorter and the rubber on the stock pegs grabs my pants when i put my feet down. very insecure feeling. sure is the rolls royce of motorcycles. now that i am getting comfortable with it it's hard to pick it apart. the worst thing i can say is it is to luxurious for a wing aling like me. but i can adapt. lol. :2133:

They will present the new Max on Wednesday.

Great looking bike, btw

I'm quite sure this leads to a new Venture also.

not a doubt in my mind. yamaha wants some of the honda market. they did'nt spend all that design money on a drive train just for use in the max. :)

Glad your getting to know your new ride! I never had any trouble with my pegs catching my pants leg guess its because I'm so used to the floor boards on the Beast that I put my feet further away from the pegs when stopping. First thing I did was buy (Kuryakyn Ergo Cruise Pegs #K4050) from Chrome World that mount to the engine guard. I can stretch my legs out and cruise the hwy with no problems at all...

Peg & I just came back from a 150mi ride today and she almost went to sleep on me. but she denies it. :whistling:

Buddy

Bill and Buddy, glad you like your Wings. They are one nice ride. I did the instal on the CB my self. It is not a problem taking the bike apart and putting it together. The wire plugs and connectors are what took all of the time. They are a bit** to take apart blind. Get some help to hold up the various panels as you remove them. The body screws are different lengths so keep a record of long and short as you take them apart. There is also a short cut to installing the antenna in the trunk and routing the wire through. Don't take the trunk off as the instal manual directs you to. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I got a great deal on the radio and the antenna from an out fit in NJ of of E-bay. I will see if I can find the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=320245690246&rd=1

Hope it works for you.

Give me a call if you like and I will tell you what I did. My ph is in my profile.

Bill glad you got back OK as I know you had some apprehension. Ride safe.

Guest JGorom
went for a long ride this morning and decided floorboards would not be a good thing. with my feet on the pegs my foot would not be comfortable in a flat position. i am going to order kuryakyn iso pegs. :2133:

Bill...I didn't put full driver floorboards on mine either...I replaced the driver pegs with the Kuryakyn Iso Boards which are smaller than the full foorboard and do not get in the way of the stock shifter or stock brake pad. These give you a bigger platform than the stock Honda front pegs, and are much more comfortable.

In addition to that I also put on some Highway pegs (Also Kuryakyn) to stretch out my legs on long hauls...but I cannot remember the model and part number for those.

PS The photo below shows the Iso Boards mounted on the right side of the bike with the brake.