IGNORED

Edset's Headset Group Purchase

Freebird

hey don ,don't know a whole lot about elctronics. are these what i will need for the radio on my goldwing and is the plug universal for all bikes.if this is what i need i will take one set for now. thanks bill

I know that in the past that the Goldwing and Venture used the same plug. Not sure about the new 1800 but it will be easy to find out. I'm sure he has whatever you need though.

That's all well and good but that isn't the cable that broke on me three times. It is the flat wire in the upper (in helmet) cable that breaks. Between the connector and the 3M locking thingy. The wires pull out of the connector that you plug the bottom curly wire connector. And I usually tried not to put my helmet down on the bottom but I got tired of buffing all the scratches out of the shell everytime I went to put my helmet on.:)

Yeah, I realize that. I have the flat cable as well. How long have you had your Ed Sets? Warranty period is 2 years. If you're still within that time frame you can go to Ed's site and get the other cable for the cost of shipping.

Warranty period is 2 years. If you're still within that time frame you can go to Ed's site and get the other cable for the cost of shipping.

Thanks for the info but we are happy with our set-up now.:) I'm glad Ed recognized he had a problem and has fixed it. We really like his speakers and mic as compared to others we tried. I'm sure all of you buying them through this group buy will be happy with them too!

Do you have the 3G models? They just came out this spring. I ask because when I look at mine, I can't quiet see where the problem would be that you describe. When I sit my helmet down, it does not rest on any of the wires.

Guest rsvrider

I'm new with this and just guessing these would also work with the CB in addition to intercom and radio? I ask only because I have seen others mention something of a CB combo set. The wife and I both have modular helmets if needed for the order.

Thanks

I have an 85 1st gen VR without an intercom or cb, but I do have the casette and radio. I was thinking about buying an intercom off ebay, but was wondering if these guys have a solution for me that I wouldnt have to buy a used intercom /cb unit from ebay to use with their gen3 headsets.

Brian