IGNORED

Cassette lobotomy & that Horny thing!

DNBoll

Looks like a very nice job ...does the cassette door operate like it used to?

Oh, how about taking that thing out for a ride too once in a while... I noticed you didnt have any miles on it ...:whistling:

(I know.. I know..the key is off... I was only picking at ya..:rasberry:)

Dan

I have thought about removing the cassette too but seems like I read somewhere of a jumper or need to connect two wires together to get the audio system to behave. I haven't got around to sorting that out. Did you need to do anything to the wiring?

Jerry

sign%20yeah%20that.gif

Come on man, were looking for some ansers here! I never use my casette player and I want a good place to keep my MP3:680:, this looks like it may just be the way to go.

I want to see that in person!

Gene

Yes the door works the same as before removal. Yes I did get the instructions off the "Other" site. No I did not use the hammer technique for the cassette disposal.

I simply unplugged the auxiliary connection to the cassette deck and connected a short mini plug cable, 3' I think with a male plug on each end, & ran it into the space behind the door for easy access. Everything else seems to work the same. "Cassette" no longer shows up in the "screen" as a choice. Everything went the same as described (on the other site post) except I used an X-acto razor saw to remove (cut off) the back part of the cassette window to make the new opening a little larger & I filed all corners to make them smooth. You'll know what I mean if/& or when you get to that step. The complete process was not all that difficult it just took a little time. You need to take your time & do it right because when the door is open, your handy work will be seen.

Thanks everyone for all the other Good & Cool Stuff on this site! "I Luv Ya Man!" Okay enough of that. Dan, (DNBoll)

Splitting the fairing is not as hard as it seems. You do not have to split the fairing to replace the windshield so they can be completed at different times. Be extremely careful with that chrome trim piece at the base of the windshield. The tabs that hold it in place are very fragile. Easy does it in removal & reinstall. Be sure to read the posts on "splitting the fairing" & the one on the "other" site about removing the cassette deck. The only thing I did differently was I used a 3' male on each end cable. I did not use a splitter. One other thing you could do is to run a power cord into the space to keep your ipod charged. I did not. I thought about it after I had finished & put everything back together. Maybe next time. Good luck ventureblue!